Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ff66ff

Do other people notice or care about your acne?

I don't know if I would consider myself to still be someone with acne. I guess I went from moderate/severe acne to small monthly outbreaks usually consisting of 2 zits at a time which seem to become fewer as time passes. My face has cleared up a lot but it's still healing, some redness is still going away..

Looking back, I have no idea if people actually really thought I was any less attractive with pimples on my face. Or if they reaaally noticed any. There was a time when people noticed and that's when about all of my face was grossly inflamed to the point that my derm went to the length of calling the doctor I usually went to a jackass for not doing anything about it and I know that people noticed it.. but now I can't help but feel like a lot if it may have just been in my head. Having said that, that's probably not all there is to it because I can in all honesty say that I'm good looking now, which I did no think before and I see some difference in my face that acne may have caused. Mind you, I had a very severe form of it for a while.

Now, I'm not saying that everyone here should pull him/herself together and not worry about it, not at all, acne can be quite devastating to the ege. However, how many of you think that you exaggerate the severity of your acne and its influence on the overall appearance of your face? Like, are some of you half-aware or half-convinced that most of it may be in your head?

Lots of girls seem to be posting here and the majority of them seem to very attractive to the point where I don't even notice spots if I'm not looking for them and if I do notice them, I'm not bothered by them.

Depends on the severity, the person, their eyesight and perceptiveness.... Some people may, some may not.

I posted this is another thread but it fits in this topic as well.

How often do you go to the store or somewhere and automatically notice people that have acne, unless its like so bad its noticeable just cause your head looks like a strawberry from 10 ft away, but unless its like that -which i doubt- then you have nothing to worry about. Everybody is always concerned with how they look so much that they don't even pay attention to other people most of the time.

Now that I've actually had the strength to talk to one or two friends about my acne, the most common response that I've gotten is this: "I don't even see what you're talking about. I only see like one zit and I wouldn't have even noticed that if you hadn't said anything."

I wonder if my eyesight is just eight million times better than everyone else's because that's definitely NOT what I see when I look in the mirror. I see scars, pimples, discoloration, and redness on every inch of my face.

Either I have acne dysmorphia or all my friends are waaaay too nice.

I see scars, pimples, discoloration, and redness on every inch of my face.

Either I have acne dysmorphia or all my friends are waaaay too nice.

That's cause you are looking for imperfections, if I stood close to somebody I knew and LOOKED for scars and stuff I'm sure I could find them, but generally, when you are just talking you just look at there eyes and never notice anything.

I won't lie. I definitely notice when other people have acne or scars. But I think part of it is that I'm so self-conscious about my acne that I kind of subconsciously check other people for it too. I think it makes me feel better, in a way, because I know that I'm not the only one with skin problems. Plus, like, when I see other people's acne, it makes me think, "Alright, they're probably too busy wondering if anybody's noticing their skin to notice mine.".

Then there are people like my boyfriend. I don't know what it is about his skin tone, but even when he does break out a little, it's practically invisible. It just blends in. So when I bitch and moan about my face, he'll be like, "Look, I have zits too, so chill out." while he points to a spot that I really wouldn't have noticed had he not pointed it out.

Personally I do notice that other people have acne but for some reason they always seem to "carry" it better than me. Like their whiteheads etc don't look as horrific as mine.

I suppose different people see it differently depending on their own self esteem and personality.

After I got cleared I noticed that people who see others with acne don't say "oh he has acne, he needs to get it fixed" they just think of it as a trait. Like broad shoulders, blue eyes, etc. They don't think of it like a disease like we do.

for me some people notice my acne, but it is usually my family or best best friend because they see me at my worst-with absolutely no make up, etc. but none of my friends have ever said anything except one, and that's because I badger her about it. But yeah, like even when I was talking to them about taking accutane they were like what? you don't need it..which surprised me.

The simple answer to all these and similar threads in my opinion is how severe your acne is. I honestly think that most people don’t give a crap if you’ve got mild acne a few red marks etc. Mild acne DOES NOT detract from your overall appearance. Its like having freckles, a wart on your face, a slightly big nose, big lips its just a feature and the majority of people do not care they get over it. However most people do prob notice moderate and severe acne and huge scars. They do not however give as much crap about it as you do. People have many worries aside from your face in there lives and people who decide to put you down are cruel unsymphatic about are not worth your time. Ive got into the unfort trap of giving a huge amount of time to what people think of me. My philosophy and yours should be fuck the general population the people who stand by you even in torrid times are the people who should give a crap about not some vacuous person who happens to stare at you on the street or makes a silly comment in school college. These people are sperms the dont mean anything!.

I actually think other people notice my acne more than I do. Like, I would go to the doctor for something else and she would point out my acne and I would have to say "Uh, I'm actually clear right now"....

Maybe I've lowered my standards for myself?

Also have had people ask if I have spent too much time out in the sun, kids ask what happened to my face, etc. on days where I have felt like I looked perfectly fine...

Sad but true

I actually think other people notice my acne more than I do. Like, I would go to the doctor for something else and she would point out my acne and I would have to say "Uh, I'm actually clear right now"....

Also have had people ask if I have spent too much time out in the sun, kids ask what happened to my face, etc. on days where I have felt like I looked perfectly fine...

Sad but true

Thats very odd.

When I tell my friends, "hold up I gotta put on my medication." Every response has been," for what?"

Not a single one of my friends thinks I have acne bad enough to be medicated.

I have about 20 redmarks and 3 active pimples and 6 scars across my face. People don't know, they don't care.

Sad but true

Thats very odd.

When I tell my friends, "hold up I gotta put on my medication." Every response has been," for what?"

Not a single one of my friends thinks I have acne bad enough to be medicated.

I have about 20 redmarks and 3 active pimples and 6 scars across my face. People don't know, they don't care.

Yeah it is pretty sad that other people seem to notice it more than I do, and that's probably why I'm so depressed most of the time. I barely look in the mirror because part of me figures that if I don't see it, it's not there, it's a protective mechanism really... but that doesn't work for other people looking at me. It's there, and they see it...and considering my skin is 200 times worse than anybody I know in real life, it stands out to other people.

Actually, reminds me that when I still had a job a guy once came into the vitamin store where I was working and asked what happened to my face and motioned to my right cheek, where my scars make it look like I was slashed with a knife. I told him "I have acne, it's scars" and he started harassing me about why I would still be getting acne at my age. He was a real ass about it and it was obvious he was just trying to make me upset. I told him to get the fuck out of the store and never come back. I actually had to forcefully push him out of the store because he wouldn't leave. It was great to tell him off, but depressing at the same time.

Actually, reminds me that when I still had a job a guy once came into the vitamin store where I was working and asked what happened to my face and motioned to my right cheek, where my scars make it look like I was slashed with a knife. I told him "I have acne, it's scars" and he started harassing me about why I would still be getting acne at my age. He was a real ass about it and it was obvious he was just trying to make me upset. I told him to get the fuck out of the store and never come back. I actually had to forcefully push him out of the store because he wouldn't leave. It was great to tell him off, but depressing at the same time.

You should ask him if he wants to lick it. Tell him that asshole's saliva cures scars. Then when he sticks out his tongue the ball is in your court lol.

I believe in Karma so yea.

As much as I would LOVE to believe that people don't care or notice my acne I KNOW for a fact that most of the people around me do. I am a singer and actress. I have traveled to many places performing and my acne never usta get to the point were it bothered me extremely. But when it started to I realized that family, friends, producers, and people in the industry all became so concerned .. Whenever I had breakouts and an event would come along id pass.. and if I did go i'd get people saying "ohh no whats happened?" "you should try pro-activ sweetie?" "gosh your skin looks baddd" ..and I just want to scream!! I ALREADY DO USE PRO-ACTIV and IVE TRIED EVERYTHING .. dont YOU THINK I SEE THIS SHIIT WHEN I LOOK IN THE MIRROR?? But I usually just go off to an area were the light is dim and feel horrible about myself. So yeah people around me def do notice my skin.. and it might have to be because it goes from good to HORRIBLE to ok.. to good .. to HORRRRRIBLE.. *sigh* curse you acne. :naughty:

I know people notice and care about my ugly scars on my cheeks. Pimples were bad but at least they came and went in short order.

People notice and people care. About skin, looks, clothes...just everything. That's reality. My 2 cents.

I definitely think some people notice acne. I mean personally i'm always looking at other people's skin just because i'm obsessed with my skin. But on the other hand i'm fine with my nose therefore I rarely notice if someone has a big nose or whatever in the same way a lot of people with clear skin or people who are not that bothered with acne probably don't notice unless it's really severe. But I mean i've encountered jerky guys who have commented on my skin like the other day, I had one pimple, one freaking pimple and blackheads and I saw this guy I had hooked up with a few days before in harsh lighting and he was like "what happened to your skin?!" Seriously. RUDE!!!!! I didn't even know what to do. :mad:

It really depends on the person. NICE people don't comment about other people's acne. lol. But like others have said, I do notice acne on others only because I am alwyas trying to compare MY skin to everyone else's. So when I'm in a store I measure me against everyone "she's got perfect skin" or "her skin is worse than mine" Sort of like what we do on the beach "that lady is way skinnier than me" or "I'm not as big as that lady"

I said in another thread just today, my dh didn't even really pay any attention to my skin. He never thought it was bad at all. Of course he knew I broke out, how could he miss it, but I guess he figured it wasn't a big deal. Then again, my dh never makes any negative comments about me EVER and I've been with him since 1987. No matter what I look like, he says I'm beautiful. :) That's why I keep him. :)

When I have bad acne I think that everyone around me notices. It could just be because I'm a very self conscious guy, but I don't think so. I get very insecure about going to work when my face looks bad because there are many beautiful young women at my job who are extremely jugdmental about people's looks (especially guy's looks). I have to ALWAYS look my best and that gets to be a pain after a while.