Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LogicX

Weird scabs that will not heal.

My entire body is dry, my lips are falling off from being so chapped, and my face is frozen in the morning from being so dry. Not to mention the nosebleeds and ups/downs of my acne. But it's ok I can deal with that, except that my back has scabs that WILL NOT HEAL.

Surprisingly I don't have much acne on my face, its just my back that is COVERED. Like every square inch is covered in really bad acne. I will admit that I used to pick at it, which gave me some bad scabs. I decided that I would not do that anymore and I have not picked for over a week, with mostly great results. A lot of the scabs and dried a lot and shrunk, and they dont hurt anymore.

However, I have a few (like 5-6) that will not heal at ALL and hurt really bad. They are really weird, a normal scab doesn't form over it to protect it. They seem to protrude from my body like a huge blister. They stick out really far. They also bleed a lot, but it's weird because they dont tear open, and when I touch them it feels like jello or something. Even if I wanted to pick at them I wouldnt be able to tear them open because they are so squishy.

I'm really at my limit here. They are not getting any better and I just want them to heal. I have been putting band-aids on them which keeps them from rubbing at my shirt but I think this might hurt it even more as it seems to prevent any scab from forming. So now I'm sitting here with 5-6 bloody bubbles on my back covered in gauze.

Does anyone have any experience with something like this? I'm desperate.

I've had two on the back of my shoulder just like yours. They felt like boils. Huge. Sore. Rubbery. Flakey. Deep red/purple. No head. Sound familiar?

There are still little knots under the skin where they were, but they never expelled. I guess my body is absorbing the nastiness inside of them. Blegh. Give it some time. These things should eventually start dying out for you.

Yeah thats exactly what I have.

I'm off all this week so I'm just going to leave them open without a shirt on and sleep on my stomach. I took the gauze off earlier. Biiiiig mistake, it stuck to it and they were pouring blood. Now, a couple hours later they are actually hardening and forming scabs. I think after I give it a while they will heal.

ya uhh i sometimes get these on my fucking face.. so i wouldnt complain too much

they are rubbery because they are still forming a scab...just dont be like me and constantly try to rip them off...u gotta put some HYDROGEN PEROXIDE on these babies and they will dry up quickly and soon fall off

go swimming or hottubbin (not public) this will also help.

tanning ur back would prolly work too.

yeah my derm actually told me 2 get some sun on 'em and it will help.. even tho tha accutane makez u more photosensitive it will work. trust me, i got a lotta sun about a week ago and mine are pretty much gone. Just don't over due it and use some sun screen yadidamean..