Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MrFabolous

To you on Paleo-diets: Are you doing low-carb?

I would like to know from you guys on paleo diets. I love the paleo aspects, but I cant eat fruit at the moment due to candida (which is proably gone by now, thats what the biopat said).

But are you limiting your fruit intake to like 2-3 pieces a day? And have you taken in brown rice or something like quinoa aswell?

And what about lectins in forms of legumes like green beans? Do you eat that, and how does it affect you?

Im really really low on energy, basically because im not eating carbs at all and I dont want to overload on fat, because im not taking omega-3 cod liver either. I hate the fact that theres Vitamin E from soy in it. But I guess theres no lectins in Vitamin E from soy?

I basically want to increase my carb intake a little and increase my intake of healthy fats.

So.. Whats your limit on carbs/fruits and do you eat grains/nuts?

I'm on the Paleo diet, but I'm not necessarily low-carb.

I eat lots of eggs, chicken, buffalo, leafy greens, and fruit such as strawberries, peaches, apples, and blueberries.

I try to concentrate on stone type fruits, but I don't limit myself to them.

Thanks for your reply.

Should I only limit fruits if my bloodsugar cant handle them, or how should I figure out wether im a low carb dude or what?

Anyone got some sugestions? My bloodsugar is very stable, even though im not eating fruit or any carbs. So I think my bloodsugar can handle it.

And I found out that complex carbs like brown rice doesnt feed candida, so could I add like ½ cup brown rice for dinner etc?

If you're low on energy, that's always a bad sign. Definitely change your diet...probably add more carbs if you're already totally filling up on meat and animal fat.

Fruits would be a good choice. Eat them until you're full and don't want anymore. Also you could try some starchy tubers like carrots and potatoes.

If you're going to try grains, it seems like rice is the least problematic. I've been eating some brown rice lately and have been having good results.

I know low energy is a bad sign, but thats because im low on fat. I don't want to take the risk and feed myself with fruits when I had signs of candida earlier.

So im going to add ½ cup brown rice (soaked) and then I will increase my fat-intake and start taking cod liver fish oil. It seems that im not allergic to soy, since there could be traces from soy in my probiotic, and that hasnt created problems for me over the last months. So I will try out Nordic Naturals for the first time, and start balancing my omega3 and omega6's so I can get more energy.

My diet contains of loads of non-starchy vegetables, healthy fats, almonds in moderation, grass-fed beef and lean protein + omega 3 eggs. And ofcourse fish.

Forget the supplements, instead try eating more nuts, seeds, and oils (flaxseed, walnut, and olive are the three best, in that order).

For some reason most people think that nuts are off limits in paleo diets, but they definetly aren't.

Just avoid peanuts completely.

Also, I'm not sure if you are eating eggs or not, but they are the most complete food source on the planet, and unless you have an allergy to them, I would try to eat atleast 3 or 4 a week.

I am eating nuts, and i am eating eggs. Usually 3-4 pr week as you said.

But why can't I take an omega3 fish oil? Whats up with that? Im low on omega 3, and ill only take the supplement the days im not eating fish. Im eating fish 3-4 times a week, but that cant be enough omega-3.

As for nuts, im staying with almonds since I know their fine with candida.

The omega-3 cod liver oil isnt for energy, just mainly to keep my omega-3/6 balance.

And which seeds would you recommend? Im beginning to add one serving pr day (½ cup or so) of brown rice/potatoes/carrots.

But why can't I take an omega3 fish oil? Whats up with that? Im low on omega 3, and ill only take the supplement the days im not eating fish. Im eating fish 3-4 times a week, but that cant be enough omega-3.

The omega-3 cod liver oil isnt for energy, just mainly to keep my omega-3/6 balance.

And which seeds would you recommend? Im beginning to add one serving pr day (� cup or so) of brown rice/potatoes/carrots.

IMO low-carb should be taken more as "reduced carbohydrate" and not "no-carbohydrate"; I would start eating some more nutrient-dense forms of carbs (sweet potatoes, carrots, parsnips, turnips, rutabagas, and other root vegetables) and see how that goes for you. Don't get crazy with them, but start off trying a small serving with a meal and see if you have a bit more energy or not. The key to low-carb IMO is cutting out less nutrient-dense carbs like pastas, sweets, most breads, rice, etc. These are very easy to over eat on and you're not getting much out of them besides calories, whereas with some of those carb sources I mentioned earlier you're getting some good nutrients out of them.

And which seeds would you recommend? Im beginning to add one serving pr day (� cup or so) of brown rice/potatoes/carrots.

IMO low-carb should be taken more as "reduced carbohydrate" and not "no-carbohydrate"; I would start eating some more nutrient-dense forms of carbs (sweet potatoes, carrots, parsnips, turnips, rutabagas, and other root vegetables) and see how that goes for you. Don't get crazy with them, but start off trying a small serving with a meal and see if you have a bit more energy or not. The key to low-carb IMO is cutting out less nutrient-dense carbs like pastas, sweets, most breads, rice, etc. These are very easy to over eat on and you're not getting much out of them besides calories, whereas with some of those carb sources I mentioned earlier you're getting some good nutrients out of them.

Yeah, thats exactly what I were going to do. I will include parsnips and rutabagas, and some carrots. But im not sure about that right now, since I might still have to get my stomach right before im sure im over the candida.

But I had under ½ cup of brown rice. Why would that hurt? They had soaked for 12 hours, and I didnt eat that much. Candida will feed more from stuff like potatoes and carrots, rather than complex carbs.