Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I was wondering how everyone was going to incorporate dan's new AHA into their regimen. I currently only apply BP at night because my skin can't handle it twice a day (I've been on the regimen for about a year) Any suggestions on how I should use it because I am still breaking out regularly? Thanks.

i think its meant to substitute the moisturiser after the bp application once a day, probably at night as aha makes your skin more photosensitive. if your skin is very sensitive though you may find it dries you out a little, so go slowly

So should I use it in the morning since all I do is moisturize or should I use it at night after BP? I'm worried that I'm still breaking out due to the fact that I don't have any acne fighting products on during the day.

hmm could you switch to bp in the morning, aha at night? if not, im sure you can use aha just as your moisturiser in the morning (then use a different one at night) just make sure you follow it with a sunscreen

You can use it to spot treat individual pimples, or you can use it to exfoliate by applying it all over after the bp to help with flaking. It can also be used by people who aren't even on the Regimen but want a good AHA product.

I would personally apply it before the BP. Applying AHA before BP allows it to work on the skin and do its job (exfoliate) - then afterwards apply BP and it will be better able to absorb into the skin. And yes, always remember to apply sunscreen if you are going to be adding an AHA to your skin care regimen.

How slowly do you think I should incorporate this AHA into my regimen since my skin is so sensitive. I don't want to end up destroying my skin and then having to start the regimen over.

Im new to the forums, but have been lurking ever since I started the regimen about a month and a half ago. I bought the AHA that Dan recommended on his site before he made his own. When I used it as a spot treatment a few days ago, it made my face burn/sting quite a bit. I thought this was normal at first as the package said this would happen, but it just kept getting worse the longer it stayed on. Then my face started to swell in the few spots I put it on (several spots on my cheek, and under my lower lip). It freaked me out, so I washed it off right away. The swelling stayed for a couple hours, but thankfully went away over night. Does anyone else have any experience using AHA? Is this a common side affect, or did I have some sort of allergic reaction? Also, how much do you apply as spot treatment? Thankfully I didnt use it as the box suggested and apply it to my entire face (I probably would have looked like Will Smith in the movie Hitch...)

I would personally apply it before the BP. Applying AHA before BP allows it to work on the skin and do its job (exfoliate) - then afterwards apply BP and it will be better able to absorb into the skin. And yes, always remember to apply sunscreen if you are going to be adding an AHA to your skin care regimen.

Interesting idea. I'll be curious to hear what you guys try and how it goes. Basically, after you've been on the regimen for a while I think AHA is pretty much a bonus. I don't think it can do anything but help, so don't be worried about incorrectly using it. Together we'll all come up with the best ways of using it.

Im new to the forums, but have been lurking ever since I started the regimen about a month and a half ago. I bought the AHA that Dan recommended on his site before he made his own. When I used it as a spot treatment a few days ago, it made my face burn/sting quite a bit. I thought this was normal at first as the package said this would happen, but it just kept getting worse the longer it stayed on. Then my face started to swell in the few spots I put it on (several spots on my cheek, and under my lower lip). It freaked me out, so I washed it off right away. The swelling stayed for a couple hours, but thankfully went away over night. Does anyone else have any experience using AHA? Is this a common side affect, or did I have some sort of allergic reaction? Also, how much do you apply as spot treatment? Thankfully I didnt use it as the box suggested and apply it to my entire face (I probably would have looked like Will Smith in the movie Hitch...)

That sounds like a big reaction. I don't know if it's to AHA or another ingredient. If you do try the AHA+ be absolutely sure to do a patch test first for a few days before using on larger areas, and even then, use it sparingly.