Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hello all,

I started a regimen of taking the vitamin B5 in the form of Pantothenic Acid capsules because I read numerous posts on here and elsewhere that it can reduce the production of oil in the skin. (I have incredibly oily skin, so I was pretty much desparate.)

I've been taking the capsules for almost 3 weeks now, and I've noticed something kinda gross: The skin around my hairline and under my eyebrows has gotten scaley and itchy, and it's flaking pretty badly......and yet the rest of my face is still extremely oily. I'm going to continue taking them for about a week or so to see what happens, but if it gets worse without improving the oiliness I'll probably stop taking them.

I've read numerous accounts where anything under 2000mg a day won't do much, so I started with 1000mg and moved up to 2000mg after about a week. However, the bottle in which they come in says to only take 1 capsule a day, which is only 500mg.

Has anyone else had a similar issue with this?

You might want to try adding extra moisturizer to those areas. Have you tried using in in powder form instead of pills?

http://www.skinb5.com/

I have that powder. I haven't used it as much as I use too since I moved. I did notice an improvement while using it.

You might want to try adding extra moisturizer to those areas. Have you tried using in in powder form instead of pills?

http://www.skinb5.com/

I have that powder. I haven't used it as much as I use too since I moved. I did notice an improvement while using it.

Yeah, I just started using extra moisturizer a couple days ago. It's not too bad. I need to reapply every 5-6 hours, though. Even with the moisturizer that claims to last all day. :confused:

I tried b5 for months, even upped my intake to 10 g and had NO results. I mostly used it for oily skin, but to my surprise it did NOTHING for me. Skin just as oily as it was before. I'm literally puzzled why people are saying it helps their oil production, but if you try it, I wish you the best.