Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Naitch

My Fraxel Journal

I'm a type iv skin male, 21 years old who has a few ice-pick scars and many deep-moderate rolling scars. I have completed my first fraxel about 10 days ago (6/12), and by the 4th day my skin was completely normal. My fraxel energy level was 55 and he did 4 passes. I do not know if I'm a fast healer, or the laser wasn't strong enough, or maybe a little of both, but everyone I talked to who went through this procedure noted they were atleast red and even a little swollen for a month. But as far as my results go, I can't see any, there's one scar that looks like 4 scarred pores connected in a line. And that seems to have gotten better. But still, I would have to say that's like a 2% result overall. My skin tone doesn't seem much better. But like everyone keeps telling me, I won't see results until after my 3rd. I'm planning to have 5 done, and for my second treatment I will request my doctor to really crank up the juice on the machine. Also, the pain during my first fraxel was very minimal.

BTW, he did take before photos of my scar, so if I get atleast 40% result from the 5 sessions I will post all my before and after pics for you.

Take care.

Just wondering, are you doing anything else? Like any topicals or anything between treatments?

No, I didn't want irritate my skin.

I've had four Fraxel treatments and it didn't really work. I hate to burst your bubble of hope but Fraxel only works if you have really mild scars, it doesn't do anything for serious scaring. Take my word for it.

I've had four Fraxel treatments and it didn't really work. I hate to burst your bubble of hope but Fraxel only works if you have really mild scars, it doesn't do anything for serious scaring. Take my word for it.

not true, bro,i've talked to people with good results with deep scarring, your body must have not responded well. how old are you anyway?

So are you going to tell 'em to do more passes next time around?

higher energy levels and passes.

UPDATE:

It's been one month since my first fraxel, and I have a tan on my face that has gotten a bit lighter. As far as my scars go, they look smoother and more leveled, but my face has known to look better when I have a tan, so I don't know if it's the "fraxel tan" that is giving me the illusion or what. But my second session will be in one month, and I will have 3 more sessions after that (making it 5).

I've decided to stop moisturizing and using sunscreen because I have gotten bad breakouts, including a bad cyst. Keeping my face pretty moist does that to me, but I've decided that I will moisturize and sunscreen religiously a month after every fraxel and then stop. (my doc makes me wait 2 months in between sessions). I'm rarely in the sun anyway. I want these 5 sessions to be over with so I can go on tane a second time. My acne isn't bad at all, but it's the occasional pimple that gives me a new scar so going on tane one more time should kill the occasional pimple seeing as how my first 6 months of tane got rid of 85% of my acne.

UPDATE:

It's been 6 weeks since my first fraxel. My second fraxel treatment is the 7th of August. I hope he will increase the energy levels by a lot (hopefully 70) and do many passes. With my first fraxel I got 4 passes last time with 55 energy level. I would like to have atleast 70 energy level with 8 passes the second time around.

My results from the first fraxel looks like some scars are really smoothing, but then again I'm pretty sure it's my imagination. So that's why it's best to give you the bottom line after my 5th treatment. By that time I should have photos too.

hmm... i really hope u get those pics up.. im still contemplating whether to go with re:store or re:pair. right now i'm slightly leaning towards re:store. so it took u approximately 4 days for your face to not be swollen and stop peeling? another reason why i'm leaning towards re:store is that i can't take that much time off work from the down time of re:pair. i have pretty bad acne scarring.. i hope this procedure at least gives me 10% improvement. i don't have high expectations tho.. at the very least i hope it evens out my skin.

hmm... i really hope u get those pics up.. im still contemplating whether to go with re:store or re:pair. right now i'm slightly leaning towards re:store. so it took u approximately 4 days for your face to not be swollen and stop peeling? another reason why i'm leaning towards re:store is that i can't take that much time off work from the down time of re:pair. i have pretty bad acne scarring.. i hope this procedure at least gives me 10% improvement. i don't have high expectations tho.. at the very least i hope it evens out my skin.

Don't wait up for me, first off, my doctor has the pictures. 2nd I won't be done with my 5th treatement until March of 2009 (when I get my pics). The doc is giving me two months break in-between sessions, that's why it takes so long.

Yeah, there is little downtime with re:store, but remember, everyone is different. And PLEASE remember, if you get restore done, make sure that all your energy levels after your first session are high and you get more passings done. The more "damage" to your skin, the better, as this stimulates collagens. Good luck.

Im riding the same wave as you, id be very happy with 10% improvement :D

but 20% would be a dream come true

So on August 7th I got my 2nd fraxel, he used energy level 65 with 6 passes (higher than last time). I'm thinking that if I don't see much improvement with this second fraxel, I may go for re:pair, which is pretty impressive from what I've heard. Bad thing is I'm a darker skin type, so we'll see.

So on August 7th I got my 2nd fraxel, he used energy level 65 with 6 passes (higher than last time). I'm thinking that if I don't see much improvement with this second fraxel, I may go for re:pair, which is pretty impressive from what I've heard. Bad thing is I'm a darker skin type, so we'll see.

hello naitch, just wondering if you had any news with your threatment? everything went well?