Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Drainer15

Will Differin help with scars like Retin A does?

I've been using Differin now for over a year to treat my acne, and I'm wondering if it has the same positive impact on scars that Retin A does. I know Differin is technically not a retinoid, but it acts in the same manner, so I'm hoping that it does.

Can anyone share some insight here?

Thanks

I've been using Differin now for over a year to treat my acne, and I'm wondering if it has the same positive impact on scars that Retin A does. I know Differin is technically not a retinoid, but it acts in the same manner, so I'm hoping that it does.

Can anyone share some insight here?

Thanks

Normally it should help, too. But if I where you I would prefer Retin-A, because there is much more science behind it( retin-A induce collagen synthesis). Some say Differin in connection with benzoylperoxide gave them more scars. I don't know which medication is responsible for that claim. But I have heard that Differin/Retin-A contribute to a greater presence of Tgf-1 or Tgf-2(do not know which of them anymore) in the skin. But both are responsible for the growth of scar tissue. Because of that I do not put Retin-A or Differin on active acne spots, but rather on healed scars.This is not a common valid recommendation, because I'm not a doctor.