Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CaliKisses

What foodds stereotypically will make someone break out?

I don't really watch what I eat, but I don't sit there and eat bars of chocolate or anything like that all day either. I eat a pretty good amount of fruit when we have it in the house, I drink lots of milk and diet soda, have lots of lunch meats. Any advice diet-wise that can help my skin?

from my own experience... oily stuff like pizza will break me out

and WINE!! It's weird...everytime I drink wine in the afternoon..I'll break out at that exact night

I tried it for like 3 times and I swear I wont touch it again

I drink milk with oat meal at breakfast and I eat 80% dark chocolate once in a while

They dont seem to relate to acne on me

I heard red meat will break people out too.. I eat pho like really rarely ( Vietnamese noodle with kinda raw beef slices ) and it doesnt affect me at all. But I try to avoid beef as much as I can though

Any advice diet-wise that can help my skin?

Don't drink lots of milk, diet soda, and lunch meats. Dairy milk is commonly linked to acne and diet soda is just plain unhealthy. Lunch meats are usually low quality meat and have preservitives in them. Keep eating the fruit and eat a good amount of vegetables.

Yeah diet soda is horrible just like regular soda. There is still a lot of sugar and crap in it. Milk is also known to trigger acne breakouts in a lot of people, myself included

You should definitely get rid of the diet soda and replace it with something like tea, cut out the milk for 2 weeks and see if it shows any improvement (most people break out from dairy). You can replace regular milk with almond milk or rice milk.

The most obvious foods that cause most acne sufferers to break out is any type of junk food (chips, milk chocolate, candy, sports drinks, sodas, pizza...etc)

The most of the same food you eat throughout the day (like bread or milk), test not eating it for 2 weeks and see if it makes a difference. Usually will.

All in all, don't fret over what you ate if it happened to be not that great (wow that rhymed lol) - it will just cause you a break out no doubt (that rhymed too, yea I'm a dork lol). Eat whole foods and don't miss your vegetables.

For me, cutting down dairy and sugars helped.

But I believe if you eat enough vegies, fruit, fish and other good foods, the bad foods won't surface as acne. So long as you eat bad foods in moderation and good foods in abundance.

Some people find citrus fruits break them out.

Try cutting out foods you're suspicious of for a few weeks to see if it makes a difference.

Seems like the most common acne triggers are:

1. Gluten (wheat, rye, barley, oats - bread, pasta, etc.)

2. Dairy (possibly just the pasteurized type)

1) Avoid processed foods and drinks full of sugar and bad fats. So basically most commercial foods.

2) Avoid anything you personally have an intolerance for. You'll have to figure that out. Gluten and Dairy are common. Many have trouble digesting any grains or legumes. For me, citrus (common allergen) causes cysts.

The three killers for me are;

1.) Sugar (refined stuff (also known as granulated sugar), not fruit sugars)

2.) Dairy

3.) Grains

(In that order.)

O_O like 11 out of 12 posts say milk is bad

I drink an organic brand milk and it doesnt seem to worsen anything on me

my skin is cleared but just a few red marks....I might try to cut it for 2 weeks and see if the milk is making the marks stay longer