Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CaliKisses

10% Benzoyl Peroxide / Desquam-X ... PEELING?

So I got prescriped this stuff called Desquam-X, and it says 10% Benzoyl Peroxide on the front of the tube. I've been putting it on two times a day for about a week. It doesn't seem like it's helped my skin yet, but then again I'm not sure. But I noticed tonight that my skin is peeling like crazy!! Why is this? And is this just one of those 'phases' with this kind of stuff (Do I just have to stick out the rough peeling part to get to the beautiful skin?)

I had my experience with benzoyl peroxide 10% and all i have to say is stay away from it. I remember my acne was mild until i place some on the infected area. One week later my acne got inflamed and I was getting cystic acne everywhere, even my skin was peeling. I think you probably have sensitive skin like mines. Now I am on accutane for 1 month now and my face is really getting clear. good luck

it's probably not a good idea to put a WHOLE bunch on your skin when you first start using it. your skin has to get used to the drug. you know?

try using just a little bit. a thin layer. i never put it allll over my face, just over the spots that are breaking out, because i have sensitive skin and HATE how it makes my face feel and i HATE that peeling look. ew. lol.

and yeah, benzoyl peroxide is kinda harsh so just be careful.

good luck. :wub:

Guest jff1986

Peeling goes away after 1-2 weeks of benzoyl peroxide. Just use a moisturizer and don't pick the flakes too much.