Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jmthouston

New to forum from Houston Tx

Hello

New here and found the website roaming the internet for help on this huge problem I have.

Makes me glad to find a community with people that have or had the same problem.

Right now I'm on the process of making appointments here in the Houston area for the scars that I have defined to be icepick or box on nose and cheeks. huahh!!!

I've started reading through the forum and have been a little educated but I still want to ask some questions on my venture. Any help will be deeply appreciated.

What should I expect going in for the first visit?

Do any of yall recommend any doctors here in the Houston area?

What would yall recommend from experience for ice pick scars?

I wish I could post some pics but I have to camera.

Hope to share my Success story as I have read here from some of you.

Miguel

Hey Miguel! Welcome to acne.org...i used to live in houston but I never went to a derm so I cant help you there...but I hope you find the help you need. Good Luck!

My hometown is in Houston and my parents are still there. Lemme know if you find someone good. My cheeks suck. There are pics on my profile somewhere

Hi Miguel,

I'm from Houston too and I have posted a few times on this forum asking for a recommendation for a doctor...my last post was yesterday...so far I havent received any response from anyone...looks like there arent a lot of ppl with acne scars in Houston :-)Personally, I think I have made a lot of compromises in my life due to the scars and I just wish I could erase them...I really want to go to a good doctor though..not the kinds who prescribe weird laser procedures to you ..only because they have bought the machine..I'm particularly looking for a needling expert but havent had any luck yet...pls do let me know if you find somebody decent,

all the best

Hey Miguel! Welcome to acne.org...i used to live in houston but I never went to a derm so I cant help you there...but I hope you find the help you need. Good Luck!

Miguel,

I have been to Dr. Markus at the Baylor College of medicine and though he seemed like a nice doctor, he prescribed fraxel to me. I'm an Asian and my skin is quite thin. Also, I personally think that subcision and needling are better options for my scars. Fraxel will put me at a risk of hyperpigmentation and it is too expensive. I have not been to any other doctor in Houston.

Do let me know how your appointment goes. If you have a positive experience, I might visit the same doctor,

How much did the baylor clinic qoute you for full face fraxel because thats the doctor that my derm referred me to????

Miguel,

I have been to Dr. Markus at the Baylor College of medicine and though he seemed like a nice doctor, he prescribed fraxel to me. I'm an Asian and my skin is quite thin. Also, I personally think that subcision and needling are better options for my scars. Fraxel will put me at a risk of hyperpigmentation and it is too expensive. I have not been to any other doctor in Houston.

Do let me know how your appointment goes. If you have a positive experience, I might visit the same doctor,

They said 600 for one sitting and a total of 5 sittings..its not expensive..I would gladly pay that much money if I could be promised a 100%( or even a 90%) improvement..however being an Asian, I run the risk of hyperpigmentation and I'm not very comfortable with the idea of lasers. I really wanted himto be able to do subcision and/or fillers...but he does not do it apparently.

How did your appointment go? Did you like the dr. you visited? Why did she refer yout o Baylor?

They said 600 for one sitting and a total of 5 sittings..its not expensive..I would gladly pay that much money if I could be promised a 100%( or even a 90%) improvement..however being an Asian, I run the risk of hyperpigmentation and I'm not very comfortable with the idea of lasers. I really wanted himto be able to do subcision and/or fillers...but he does not do it apparently.

How did your appointment go? Did you like the dr. you visited? Why did she refer yout o Baylor?

My doc referred me to Dr. Markus because she has worked with him and he has been working with lasers for a number of years. Can you please tell me who will be performing the procedure?? do they have any b4 and after pictures in their office??? Is 600 for the whole face?? What type of fraxel machine will it be??? I am asian too (yellowish undertone). HOw much improvement did they tell you to expect with 5 treatments??