Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jamielove21

Under arm acne

Hello all.

About every 3 or 4 weeks I get a massive zit underneath my arm (usually either near or on my arm pit - sorry if TMI) I'm pretty sure its caused by deoderant. I've tried different brands (Secret, and currently im using Dove for sensitive skin). I tried using "Kiss My Face" from the Health Food Store, but I didnt feel like it was working well.

Does anyone else have this problem, and if so, what do you suggest? Thanks

Does the pimple surface soon after shaving or waxing or epilation? If so, it sounds like an ingrown hair. Exfoliate your arm pits daily and that will help. I use a baby's hair brush on the whole body and it works quite well (particularly prior to using spray tans!)

I've heard good things about the Crystal deodorants, they don't have aluminum in them and are not anti-perspirants. They are just deodorants. Try those.

There actually isnt rhyme or reason as to when I get them. Sometimes I get them when I do shave, sometimes when I dont. Etc etc. I've tried tracking what goes on to cause them, and I can't seem to find the culprit

Is Crystal a brand of deodorant?

http://www.thecrystal.com/index.cfm

That one! I am thinking of getting it myself. I do not like anti-perspirants.

I would still try exfoliating the under arms to see if that helps at all. It might take a month or two of exfoliating to see if there's a difference.