Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I'm not gonna lie guys it is really embarassing to admit this but i wanna know if im the only one who, in a very desperate attempt, uses makeup to try and mask my acne, mainly the scars. i use that liquid stuff, not sure what its called, but my mom bought it for me. in indoor lighting it makes it look a lot better but in the sun it does nothing. i wanna know if im the only guy who does this. i just hate my acne, had it for about 5 yrs. and was so used to being complimented all the time on how good looking i was (befor my acne got its worst about 9 months ago) and want to feel like that again. I hope im not the only guy who does this cause thenn i just feel stupid.

I use a spot of foundation to cover up a single zit if I have to, no shame in that. I'm a guy too.

I think as long as you're confident, there shouldn't be a problem.

In high school, if I had something like graduation photos or a family photo coming up, I'd using a slight bit of foundation, but I never used acne aside from that (because I realized that having somewhat flaky skin from Tazorac made things look worse when the powdery foundation could be obviously seen above my uneven skin texture).

But to be realistic, there would be a lot of people who wouldn't understand why you do wear make up and may give you some un-lovely feedback if they know/find out, but that's why I said that first line up there: there's nothing wrong with it as long as you're fine with it.

On the other hand, if you know that someone who reacts like "Ugh, why do you wear make up?" is going to really hurt you, I would maybe start backing off of using make up.

Anyhow, remember, lots of teen idol celebrities (boys) use caked layers of make up too! ^_^

Lots and lots of normal guys wear makeup. Of course they try to make it as natural looking as possible; some have found that non-shiny mineral makeup works great for them. (Like Everyday Minerals). I know personally of at least five guys who now wear EDM because of their redness and/or acne.

I have a problem with that. Not just for the whole guys wearing make up thing, but for the fact that I like to be natural. Whn my acne was bad, as much as I hated it, I would never use makeup to cover it up, this is me i have acne, sucks for me, but im no hiding it. I would never wear lifts to appear taller, I would never wear tight shirts or big sweaters to have more of a muscular look, I look good when my hair is freshly cut and styled, but i dont even like to style my hair because thats not me.

I like to just be the real thing and all natural. I feel anything out of the ordinary is false advertisement. If I dont regularly wear certain things, than im not gonna wear it to look good for one night because thats false advertisement.

What if i have make up on and no1 knows i have acne then all of a sudden they see me with my makeup off?

If I ever go bald, then i'd be bald, no hair peices or nothing.

Thats just my opinion.

I was thinking about this once, even my doctor said about wearing make up. But after thinking about it no way. People r going to tell if your wearing make up dude. U can always tell when a woman is wear make up. Its a bad idea, its meant for guys not to wear make up, so dont change it dude. But no the other hand if u fell better than do it.

I never considered wearing make up in my last 4 yrs and upto now just to cover up my pimples. Second thoughts keeps flowing in my mind everytime I think of using make-up like for instance, It might aggravate my pimples and be a MAN!

I dont think its that easy to tell if somebody is wearing makeup. When I go out I cover up certain areas, particularly if its bad - I use this concealer thing my sister gave me lol. Theres a mirror all along the back of the bar I work in and I cant tell that I'm wearing make up, you would have to look pretty close I think.

I would wear it, if I knew what to buy... lol. You would probably be surprised at the number of guys that probably wear some form of makeup.

Guys have even posted photos of themselves in foundation here and they looked great with it on. Very natural and not obvious. If it makes you feel comfortable then go for it.

A little bit of concealer on a spot or a tinted moisturizer will give you the most unmade up look, not flawless, but it can help camouflage. That may be the way to start.

Guest kiwikali

as long as we can't see the makeup, i don't think girls really care. but its hard to resist a sexy punk goth boy who wears eyeliner... meow!

out of interest, we're all talking about what girls think of boys if they can tell they're wearing make up etc, but how about the other way round? just cos its more acceptable for girls to wear make up i still dont think its ok to look as though you're obviously wearing loads m(tricky as that is to master!)? so what do guys think when they can tell a girl is wearing make up? is it unattractive?

i cant see that it would be good for you skin puttin makeup on anyway. if it makes you feel more comfatable by wearin it then keep doing it.

i think i would be more worried about people noticing i had makeup on. got enough thing t worry about without adding to it.

when i was younger i once tried to cover a big spot up with my mums foundation but everyone at school noticed and a got this piss took out of me lol

wenever i try to hide my face under the makeup it makes me feel soo irritating wen others try to find out wat i m hinding! itz written on my face :eh:

just make sure others dont find out abt it

i think it would be more socially acceptable for a guy to be seen with acne than to be seen wearing makeup.. and no matter what people say about applying it properly, if its enough to conceal acne then its gonna be visible to other people. personally i'd rather be thought of as a guy who has acne than a guy who wears makeup. one hurts my ego but i would see the other as an insult to my masculinity

I'm not gonna lie guys it is really embarassing to admit this but i wanna know if im the only one who, in a very desperate attempt, uses makeup to try and mask my acne, mainly the scars. i use that liquid stuff, not sure what its called, but my mom bought it for me. in indoor lighting it makes it look a lot better but in the sun it does nothing. i wanna know if im the only guy who does this. i just hate my acne, had it for about 5 yrs. and was so used to being complimented all the time on how good looking i was (befor my acne got its worst about 9 months ago) and want to feel like that again. I hope im not the only guy who does this cause thenn i just feel stupid.

I used to use makeup back in the day (college). People would give weird looks and then I looked in the man in the mirror like Michael Jackson and was like beat it to all the shananigans and went out in the world like a smooth criminal :dance:

There's nothing wrong with guys wearing makeup. How do you think all those celebrity guys in Hollywood always have perfect skin?? In my opinion it's better to do what you feel is necessary to achieve the look that you want.

I don't really want to start a new thread about this but how do you make the blackness under your eyes go away? They don't really look puffy it just looks like raccoon rings and I have had them for a long time. I usually get enough sleep and eat healthy. It doesn't bother me that much because I have darker skin but I would appreciate if someone could help.

im pretty sure there is some cream for that..i think the brand is OLAY

otherwise you could use some concealer or something.. or get more sleep!