Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Aria H.

Good shampoos?

My hair, similar to my skin, is "combination"

It's brown, with natural lighter highlights. The brown is medium thickness, but the lighter blondish parts are extremely fine. I do have a lot of hair, though. It just looks like it is pretty thin. I have these random waves in my hair too (nothing pretty unless I try to control it). My scalp is kind of sensitive. I currently use Aussie Cleanse & Mend shampoo, and I think it is too drying for my hair. I don't like using conditioner a lot, because it aggravates the acne on my back.

I don't have a lot of money, I'm saving for a car, college, etc.. soo, I'm up for something with a reasonable price (I'd say 15 is reasonable, but I'm used to just drugstore-type stuff, so I don't know if that is enough or not)

Enlighten me! :angel:

i would recommend purology's 'hydrate' shampoo & conditioner, but you said you're on a budget and it's kinda expensive soo i'd say try nexxuss shampoo and conditioner. it's like 8 dollars a bottle. i've always seen it at wal mart.

I don't use drugstore shampoo anymore. (I currently use Goldwell's Moisture Definition in the Light formula.) I think I've head good things about Garnier's line. My husband used Dove conditioning shampoo for a while and his hair looked really nice when he used it. Smelled good too. ;) Target and some drugstores carry salon lines like Redken, Matrix, Tigi, Nexxus, Purology (also a great line, but very spendy), and the such. I don't think you could go wrong with any of those depending on your budget. You can also get higher-end stuff on Ebay if you are so inclined. Just make sure the seller has excellent feedback scores.

Also, I wanted to give you a suggestion about conditioning, since it probably would be a good thing for your hair. You said conditioner aggravates the acne on your back. Have you tried applying it to the ends only with your head positioned forward in front of your stomach (like bending at the waist) and rinsing your hair while in that same position so that the conditioner "rinse-off" doesn't run on your back or your face? Just a suggestion.

Also, I wanted to give you a suggestion about conditioning, since it probably would be a good thing for your hair. You said conditioner aggravates the acne on your back. Have you tried applying it to the ends only with your head positioned forward in front of your stomach (like bending at the waist) and rinsing your hair while in that same position so that the conditioner "rinse-off" doesn't run on your back or your face? Just a suggestion.

Now, I hadn't thought about doing that. The bacne went way down when I started washing my hair first, but cutting out the conditioner eliminated even more, so I just stopped altogether.

Thanks for the tips!

Guest kiwikali

FREDERIC FEKKAI!!! yay! I love the Protein Rx Reparative shampoos and conditioner. its really good and you can get it at sephora or online i think. all fekkai hair products are fucking amazing.

the really good products are only sold through salons so your best bet would be to go talk to someone about what might be suitable for you. they're going to be a bit more expensive but depending on which brand and how much you use or how often you wash your hair etc it could work out alright.

the more expensive shampoos are soap based instead of detergent based, so they're a lot more gentle on your hair. thats why your hair looks like shit after you use some cheap supermarket shampoo, cos its basically detergent that just strips away all the oil and dries it out

but i reckon you should give it a go, go see someone who knows about hair, let them decide what would be good for your hair type, use it for while and if its not worth it then go back to what you've been doing, but its worth a try imo. if you always do what you've always done then you'll always get what you've always got. as they say ;)

My hair, similar to my skin, is "combination"

It's brown, with natural lighter highlights. The brown is medium thickness, but the lighter blondish parts are extremely fine. I do have a lot of hair, though. It just looks like it is pretty thin. I have these random waves in my hair too (nothing pretty unless I try to control it). My scalp is kind of sensitive. I currently use Aussie Cleanse & Mend shampoo, and I think it is too drying for my hair. I don't like using conditioner a lot, because it aggravates the acne on my back.

I don't have a lot of money, I'm saving for a car, college, etc.. soo, I'm up for something with a reasonable price (I'd say 15 is reasonable, but I'm used to just drugstore-type stuff, so I don't know if that is enough or not)

Enlighten me! :angel:

Aquage products! You can get them at some salons.