Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

i don't understand how acne did it, but it did...lol. just like that, it came into my life and took it ALL away. the joy, the laughter, the happiness, the adventure and excitement. took it all away from me. the girl of my dreams dumped me, i can't do outside activities anymore, i'm absolutely hideous, i can't go out, i can't concentrate at work, i can't sleep without staining my sheets, and the list goes on and on.

i'm not allowing acne to get me down - it's forced me to my knees. i don't know how i'm going to live like this. i don't know how i'm going to handle seeing my love with someone else while i'm here with volcanoes erupting all over my skin. now, my question for all of you - is this hell? have i died and gone to hell or is it some horrible, horrible dream that i'm waiting to wake-up from? i'm slapping myself right now as i speak but it's not doing anything...

Why did your ex dump you? If it was because of acne, then maybe you wont see it now, but you'll see it in the future that you were lucky and shouldn't bother with her. Acne may suck now, but it wont last forever. My acne was really realy bad one day and it was hell, it was literally a nightmare for me because acne was the final straw that led me to be in an anxiety/depressed mood all the fucking time. I swear 1 day i just stopped and thought wtf how the hell did i turn out like this? It was a beautiful day outside, and i was 17, should be enjoying my life, but instead i was going to a derm to try and get accutane and my face was a nightmare to show.. I just got a nice haircut too, haircuts always used to give me confidence, but this time it didn't matter if i got ahaircut or not cause acne was what people notice, and acne ruined any haircut i got.. Well i was literally feeling like crap and like theres nothing to live for.

Exactly 1 yr later things were completely different. No more acne, no noticeable skin problems so no1 could even know that just a yr ago, i had disasterous skin. I did't even remember anymore what it was like to go to sleep and wonder if i can leave myhouse or not tomorrow..

Yeah i took accutane and it was hell, but hey the switch was flipped on acne within 9 months.. So as bad as things get, it will be a distant memory one day.

It could be a dream or it could be a nightmare. It depends on your perspective and attitude towards life =)

I feel for you. This is one of those tests in life which give you the opportunity to become stronger mentally than ever before. If you don't try your best to make the most of things, acne will win. You will spend years of your life being alone and miserable like I did throughout my whole high school and the beginning of university. There's nothing worse than watching all your friends enjoy the things in life which you are 100 steps behind with. I feel like I will always be a teenager, because I never enjoyed the things I should of. Please don't turn out like this. Get through this and you can get through anything.

</emo>