Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
girlhunter

Why is Accutane so expensive? How much have you spent on acne?

My dad had SSS before, and it didn't cover it. Now he has another plan, and it still doesn't cover it. I'm on two pills a day now, instead of one, so it's twice the money as before. My dad is paying $575 a month, I really appreciate the sacrifice he's putting for me! So I really hope God clears me up for good this time.

I kinda feel guilty my dad has to use that much "house" money on my stupid acne...I mean, he's done so much for me...I mean with that much money he could pay his car...

By the end of the treatment in 6 months he will have used $3000 + 1500 of the previous treatment, thats $4500 plus I had to use Dan's Regimen before. My dad has seriously spent well over a $5000+ on my acne. How much have you spent? does your plan cover it?

Sorry to hear about that! It is an expensive drug

Hopefully though you wont need to spend any more money after that on other treatments!

Best of luck to you!

Luckily we have the NHS here so my roaccutane has been free so far but now I am working I pay for prescriptions, which will work out at £7.10 a time (for about 5 weeks supply).

On other over the counter products in the past I have spent hundreds...not to mention on makeup, etc. But I am pleased we have the NHS here as well as the option to go privately!

i've spent around 1500 DKR now. but my health security here in denmark gives me like a 65% discount now :P

The national health service in the UK is paid for by the government, using taxes. Therefore people pay an amount proportional to their income into it. Basically everyone (should) have access to a GP, dentist, optician, and hospital treatment that they need on the NHS. Costs of medication is low (about $15 per item) and you don't have to pay if you are under 16, under 19 and in full-time education, aged over 65, or on various benefits or have a low income.