Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dragon10

Please help me make a shopping list

Every time I go to the grocery store I always don't know what to get. I get the obvious like fruits and veggies.. but I have trouble with other things.. for breakfast, lunch and dinner and snacks... I always seem to come back home with a whole bunch of junk and processed food..

So far I have..

Breakfast: whole grain cereal, oatmeal, 100% orange & grape juice

Lunch: WG Bread, Low fat turkey slices, ground beef, salad mix... frozen food??

Dinner: Chicken breasts, steak, ground beef, sweet potatoes

snacks?: fruit

What kind of diet are you trying to get on?

no diet just a healthy lifestyle.. that consists of no or few junk and processed foods

Nuts are good for snacks. Apples with some sort of nut butter(almond, cashew) is one of my favorite snacks. Maybe get some eggs for breakfast. Your breakfast seems pretty high in carbs. Maybe ditch the OJ and grape juice. a big salad with lots of veggies and nuts, olive oil dressing is a good snack/meal too.

To avoid coming back with all the crap try to just stay on the perimeter of the grocery store, thats where all the good stuff is. Stick to the fruits/veggies, meats, and eggs/dairy sections and try filling up your cart there. Just dont walk through all those center aisles and you will likely come out with less junk.

Nuts are good for snacks. Apples with some sort of nut butter(almond, cashew) is one of my favorite snacks. Maybe get some eggs for breakfast. Your breakfast seems pretty high in carbs. Maybe ditch the OJ and grape juice. a big salad with lots of veggies and nuts, olive oil dressing is a good snack/meal too.

To avoid coming back with all the crap try to just stay on the perimeter of the grocery store, thats where all the good stuff is. Stick to the fruits/veggies, meats, and eggs/dairy sections and try filling up your cart there. Just dont walk through all those center aisles and you will likely come out with less junk.

nuts are good? I've always heard that nuts are bad..

thats one of those things youll have to see for yourself. lots of people have no problems, and lots of people avoid them. I think lots of people here avoid foods without knowing for sure if thats the problem.

Yes, stay out of the middle of the store. Do you cook?

Add greens like Romaine lettuce, spinach, chinese cabbage, bok choy, etc. Carrots. Onions, garlic. Frozen veggies to steam, stir fry or make a a curry. Lemons and limes to add flavor to almost everything. Canned tomatoes to make soups. Avocados.

Try canned fish like sardines, kippers/herring. And jack mackerel which tastes pretty much like tuna but is cheaper, doesn't have the mercury, isn't in danger of overfishing and catching them doesn't kill dolphins, supposedly. They are gutted but whole so you do have to scrape out bones and skin although it's all edible and good for you. I make a salad with onions, olive oil, avocado, lemon juice or vinegar, spices, etc for a pita sandwich. I recommend the Bumblebee brand.

Another good thing to do is go to the seafood department and have them steam a half pound or so of salmon (preferably wild) and take home and eat with a salad or wilted spinach or whatever. They'll steam other things for you too. Like sometimes crab claws are on sale and one or two is a nice treat and way cheaper than getting them at a restaurant.

No way.. nuts are great.. is jst depend which

Brazil nuts and almond are the best :) , healthy..

and Walnut are ok :) only good on salads. , has high Omega 3

U need omega 3 ^^ try fish.. such as Salmon , tuna .. Dunno what else.

canned salmon and tuna is good on salads ^^

Everything on ur list seems healthy ^^ but u need omega . ^^

Which i could eat cereal but is to lose weight ,

No way.. nuts are great.. is jst depend which

Brazil nuts and almond are the best :) , healthy..

and Walnut are ok :) only good on salads. , has high Omega 3

U need omega 3 ^^ try fish.. such as Salmon , tuna .. Dunno what else.

canned salmon and tuna is good on salads ^^

Everything on ur list seems healthy ^^ but u need omega . ^^

Which i could eat cereal but is to lose weight ,

salmon! oh yea that's great I totally forgot about that! but how about peanuts??

Ive never really had tuna in my life beofre, but my sister has bought some canned tuna called

Starkist or something.. would you recommend that?

Get rid of the juice. They're often packaged poorly and have an incredible amount of sugar. Just buy the oranges and grapefruit fresh.

Get more whole grains like brown rice. You also need more veggies and fruit.

Get rid of the juice. They're often packaged poorly and have an incredible amount of sugar. Just buy the oranges and grapefruit fresh.

really? even 100% pure juice??, i dont think I can go without some sort of sweet liquid.. you know?

I already have rice everyday for dinner since I'm chinese..

Just read the labels on your juice. 4 grams of sugar is equivalent to one spoon of sugar. You're suppose to get a maximum of 10 spoons a day. If you're going to get juice, get those that aren't in see-through containers, as nutrients such as Vit. C are sensitive to light.

Just read the labels on your juice. 4 grams of sugar is equivalent to one spoon of sugar. You're suppose to get a maximum of 10 spoons a day. If you're going to get juice, get those that aren't in see-through containers, as nutrients such as Vit. C are sensitive to light.

That's white rice. I'm Asian, too, but white rice doesn't do your colon any favors :) .

wow thatnks for the tip on the vatimin c is sensitive to light, but you know that 100% orange juice I think its called Simply Orange.. well tahts the only 100% orange juice I know of..

The "100% juice" label is misleading. In my experience, it most often means juice taken from concentrate.

Peanuts are bad :/

get brazil nuts or almonds instead :)

brazil nuts taste great but can only eat less then 10 of them a day.

white rice ftw :( lol jk. bah. :)

brown rice taste baddddddddd , very bad but i guess u gotta get used to it then will taste good.

I need good Whole grain cereal that doesn't make u lose weight.. so which?

lol