Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

People who have had success clearing up: Do you use and toner or astrigent?? I have heard whitch hazel worked well for others.. :think: ..Any suggestions would be gret! Thank you!

Most people here will tell you a toner is not necessary. I however like to use a toner that contains glycolic acid because it helps to unclog pores and is much lighter than the glycolic acid lotions. It also helps to remove dirt from my skin that washing missed.

The Body Shop makes a toner that moisturizes as well as cleanses. I love it. I agree that it removes any dirt that washing might have missed

Witch hazel works really well if you have combination/oily skin. It soothes inflammation and promotes healing of any skin irritations. Witch hazel is naturally around 14% alcohol, so you have to be careful if you have dry skin.

If you do have dry skin, I know Thayers has a witch hazel toner that is alcohol-free and contains rose water. :D It's supposed to be really wonderful for dry/sensitive skin. You can buy it at any natural foods store or vitamin stores such as GNC.

Like someone else said, toner isn't exactly necessary. It depends on your preference. I use it to remove any last traces of makeup, dirt, and oil. I also use it in the morning to soothe my skin so that none of my clogged pores become inflamed.