Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
readytodivein

Starting to plan a family....what have you heard about miscarriages after accutane?

Wait 6 months and try and make sure you don't Lose weight while you are pregnant, which i'm sure you won't, but there is a reason why i think it is safer not to lose any weight while pregnant, you don't want to release any of isotretinoins stored metabolites while carrying the baby.

you don't want to release any of isotretinoins stored metabolites while carrying the baby

what are those????!!!!!!!!

I plan to have a family within the next 5 to 10 years.

Well I don't know much about the topic, but my sister was on accutane and she has two healthy boys and no miscarriages. However she was off of accutane for about 10 years before trying to get pregnant.

The sideeffects conserning pregnant woman & babies are HUGE. Thats basically the most horrible side-effect of accutane, and one that has actually been proven, distortion of babies. Thats the reason my derm gave me accutane so fast I guess since I'm a male, but I'm serious, girls should be very cautious about this. Well, the effects of Accutane are so post to last up to 6 months, but I'd say to wait a year minimum.