Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Marilena78

Apple Cider Vinegar made an HOLE on my face!!!

Hi everyone.

I am 30 years old and still fighting against acne. I know it is not uncommon today.

However, I was on Loestrine 24 but it worked for a month only, the second month got very bad. Now, I am on Ortho Lo and it is working started working from the first 4-5 days and I was very surprised. i hope it will keep working.

However, I am left with red marks and open wound... unfortunately, I tend to pick the pimples... very bad I know. I am using ea tree oil “everything†(oil, wash, lotion, pads, roll-on). It is working.

Yesterday, I tried ACV. I read on the board that it is good for red marks.

I used it straight from the bottle and applied on the red marks only with a Q-tip. Well, after few seconds a white patch appeared on few of my red marks and than I got scared and washed my face. In place of the red mark there was a hole. I got very worried and put tea tree and aloe vera on it. This morning is much better, the red mark is flatter but I do not see any improvement on the color.

I just decided to go for a tanning session. I know someone says it is bad. But last year it worked and I am so pale that the red marks really stand out on m y face. Moreover, I will go to the beach soon and I am going to tan anyway. I am a little worried about skin cancer and moles, though... I do not know what to do. I am surfing the internet in search of am answer. If you ask people that never had acne (like my husband) they do not understand.

Help!

Maria

Uhhh, don't tan. If you don't, next year those redmarks might not be there. And if your going to the beach or outside on a sunny day always use sunscreen. Always!

Tanning will make your skin nice for a short period of time, which keeps us sane so in a way it's good, but in the long run, a big no-no. Thats all I got. Good luck. And be happy, if your not happy, who cares :) cheers.

Tanning is a temporary relief and all it does is fool your mind thinking your red marks are not that bad, but after your tan is fading away the red marks are still there and not improving like it should have been if you didn't tan.

Yesterday, I tried ACV. I read on the board that it is good for red marks.

I used it straight from the bottle and applied on the red marks only with a Q-tip.

You shouldnt use ACV straight from the bottle because it really acidic and you need your skin to build up tolerance to it. If you decide to continur it. use a 1:8 porpotion. so 1 part ACV and 8 part water. Good luck!