Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pakifairy

Hi WHAT are my options! PLEASE, please help me

hi! ok so im female, 25 and have had cystic acne for 11 years. I used accutane twice and it helped but my acne came back (never as bad tho) for the past year and a half i have been using tazorac cream which worked to control 95% of my acne (but i still got jawline hormonal acne each month) RECENTLY overthe past two months the tazorac is JUST NOT WORKING i am breaking out in my jawline and on my cheeks and in places i never break out. not only that i have TONS and tons of clogged pores/conjested skin and they wont come out no matter how hard i try to extract them. in conjunction with my taz ive tried sulfur masks, BP, SA peels, glycolic peels, nothingggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg is working.

i cannot do accutane again as the second time it casued me to develop vulvodynia (a chronic pain disorder)

my doctor rx'ed me yaz and im waiting to take it (when my period starts) bec. my acne is hormonal as my periods are irregular and its in the "hormonal" area.... but will it help?

what other options do i have.... any recs?

You'll probably need to stick with the Yaz 3-6 months before you see any results, and you'll probably get a bit worse in the early months of taking it. Each woman reacts differently to hormones so if Yaz doesn't work, you may want to try another type. Theoretically, any BCP can help hormonal acne, but only a few have been specifically tested and marketed as such.

Hey,

I'm in the same boat as you - accutane twice. Now I'm on tazorac - just started over a month ago and my face is A WAR ZONE. It is so depressing. How long did it take for you to see results on the tazorac?

I think my only option is accutane again... at least that's what my dermatologist told me. I am honestly at a loss... if you can't use accutane I don't know what you can do. It's the only thing that got me completely clear - if only temporarily. I am so fed up. I don't know what to do... some days it's really hard.

I am trying to stay positive but I don't know what to do. I am going to see an endocrinologist in a week or so. Have you considered that?

They may prescribe spironolactone/aldactone...

I don't know... I am in the same boat as you and about the same age.

I cannot get on the accutane soon enough. I am going crazy here. It's too bad that you can't go back on accutane. Could you do a low dose therapy?

I did Accutane 3-4 times and like you, it still had acne, just not as bad. Spiro with BCP and then late, Yasmin did wonders for me. I wish I could take it now but I'm trying to get pregnant again. Just take the Yaz and wait 2-3 months to see if it'll have any effect on you.

Do you have a lot of cash to spare? You can look into smooth beam treatments. They are very expensive though, and I found them quite painful (thought my DR told me I was in the 10% that it hurt the most. Sensitive skin I guess). The only places I didn't get it done was the really sensitive areas like around my chin, above my lip, and my neck. Those are the only places I get bad acne now.

Its something to look into.

I've heard that Accutane does nothing for hormonal acne...I guess that is true. I would say to stick with the birth control in order to get your hormones under control. I took ortho tricylen lo after being frustrated with stubbern chin/jawline acne and it has worked wonders for me. It took about 4-5 months for me to see results and now I don't breakout anymore, I just the occasional pimple here and there.

I know you mentioned you've tried glycolic peels, but have you tried using an actual bioglycolic regimine? Jan Marini offers a facial cleanser as well as a lotion and creme. I use the cleanser and it's gotten rid of my acne over the past 6 months. It's even started to clear up some of the red marks and that were left behind over the years. If you can afford it, it's completely worth it. The cheapest place I've been able to find it is at www.AgelessApple.com. Hope this helps!

DO NOT USE TAZORAC!!! PLEASE PLEASE BELIEVE ME! IT BROKE ME OUT LIKE CRAZY. My first derm gave it to me after I was clear from my first accutane course to try to keep that way and it broke me out with huge zits, you don't want that, they may leave marks/scars.

My two best choices for attacking acne are Accutane & Diet. I'm curious though did accutane help you at all? How was it? What dosage were you on? For how long?

Since you already took accutane twice, I recommend a good diet. The nurse of my derm got clear from severe acne by doing a big diet. IT WAS big. If you want her full diet you can pm me, it's a bit harsh, I'm not sure if you can take it. I know I wouldnt be able to eat it. I do, however, stay away from dairy products since its been proven they can cause acne, & have started to eat veggies & fruits. PM me for help. http://healthoid.com/2008/06/02/how-to-cur...ur-acne-part-1/

Good luck.

My cystic acne turned out to be an allergic reaction. The rest of my acne cleared years later when I tried this thing called nutrition and health.

And why don't you people who suffered accutane side effects ever respond to all the posts about the side effects being over-hyped bullshit?

I know you mentioned you've tried glycolic peels, but have you tried using an actual bioglycolic regimine? Jan Marini offers a facial cleanser as well as a lotion and creme. I use the cleanser and it's gotten rid of my acne over the past 6 months. It's even started to clear up some of the red marks and that were left behind over the years. If you can afford it, it's completely worth it. The cheapest place I've been able to find it is at www.AgelessApple.com. Hope this helps!

Stop advertising www.AgelessApple.com. Every post of yours has contained that website.