Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
durek08

Gym, Acne, MRSA

Hey Guys,

I just wanted your opinion and assessment on my level of worry regarding MRSA and the gym. With all the information going around that gym equipment may serve as the medium for infection, I'm very concerned about going to the gym now. I have acne, and with that includes body acne. Given that people, at times, mistaken MRSA for a mere pimple, I'm afraid that I'll catch MRSA and not know it! Although I always wear a t-shirt to the gym and bring a towel to cover the benches, I'm afraid that I'll get an infection on my back and I'll just think that's it's a pimple. I also don't want to go through the hassle of checking my back against the mirror every day--just in case. I'm sure you can sympathize in how much trouble it would be to check your back. I can't even see my back clearly without turning my head to the point where I get a headache. Am I just too worried?

Thanks for your opinions,

durek08

Hey Guys,

I just wanted your opinion and assessment on my level of worry regarding MRSA and the gym. With all the information going around that gym equipment may serve as the medium for infection, I'm very concerned about going to the gym now. I have acne, and with that includes body acne. Given that people, at times, mistaken MRSA for a mere pimple, I'm afraid that I'll catch MRSA and not know it! Although I always wear a t-shirt to the gym and bring a towel to cover the benches, I'm afraid that I'll get an infection on my back and I'll just think that's it's a pimple. I also don't want to go through the hassle of checking my back against the mirror every day--just in case. I'm sure you can sympathize in how much trouble it would be to check your back. I can't even see my back clearly without turning my head to the point where I get a headache. Am I just too worried?

Thanks for your opinions,

durek08

What is MRSA?

I have a staph infection, but its not MRSA. I will tell you some stuff that will help keep you stay clean. Wash your hands. Use the spray to clean the equipment (I stopped doing that its a hassle). Don't wear the same clothes you did the day before (If you wear it wash it). Don't pick at pimples at the gym. Don't touch or pick your nose (that bacteria lives in your nose). I'm not sure I would use a towel there is probably more bacteria on that towel than anything else. If you have a cut bandage it. You should be fine! Go, work-out, and don't worry!!! Just be smart about it.

If you want you can wash with hibiclens after you work out. You don't really need to though. If you suspect anything like new pimples, bumps, red marks, see a doctor immediately. I let my condition go for awhile and now its almost unstoppable, but I have hope!!!!

Use the disinfectant they supply, but check the labeling and see that it kills most germs. Some disinfectants (alcohol based) don't clean as well as bleach based disinfectants. Look for the ingredient sodium hypochlorite. Follow the instructions on the label and you should be fine. Bleach will kill MRSA guaranteed. Also kills C-Diff. Alcohol does not kill C-Diff.