Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
yellowdaisy3

would a dermo prescribe me spiro?

I don't have bad acne or barely mild acne even, but that is because I'm in a constant combat with my skin, constantly washing it, applying otc products and acne medications to it, CONSTANTLY blotting the continuous oils. My skin is shiny and oily within a couple hours of washing it. By the end of the day, my hair looks flat and greasy. My back and chest and neck gets greasy too within hours after a shower. It's disgusting and it's severely hurting my confidence. I get white heads on my neck if I dont treat my neck with acne products too, and I still get them and they take FOREVER to heal. I break out on my chin, around my nose. Just anywhere extra oil sits too long or whatever. I constantly blot my face.

What treatment should I try? My main problem is INSANE oil production. And a cream on the face isn't going to treat my back and chest white heads and oil problem either. Would a dermo prescribe me spiro even though I don't have acne that is out of control?

I don't want to not wash my face for 3 days and get full blown white heads all over my face and chest and back in order to get spiro. I produce enough oil to cover 20 peoples faces.

Please help! Any suggestions! Anything!

I don't have bad acne or barely mild acne even, but that is because I'm in a constant combat with my skin, constantly washing it, applying otc products and acne medications to it, CONSTANTLY blotting the continuous oils. My skin is shiny and oily within a couple hours of washing it. By the end of the day, my hair looks flat and greasy. My back and chest and neck gets greasy too within hours after a shower. It's disgusting and it's severely hurting my confidence. I get white heads on my neck if I dont treat my neck with acne products too, and I still get them and they take FOREVER to heal. I break out on my chin, around my nose. Just anywhere extra oil sits too long or whatever. I constantly blot my face.

What treatment should I try? My main problem is INSANE oil production. And a cream on the face isn't going to treat my back and chest white heads and oil problem either. Would a dermo prescribe me spiro even though I don't have acne that is out of control?

I don't want to not wash my face for 3 days and get full blown white heads all over my face and chest and back in order to get spiro. I produce enough oil to cover 20 peoples faces.

Please help! Any suggestions! Anything!

He might but I would go prepared with information about spiro. Some doctors and derms are still not very informed about it since it is an off-label drug for acne. If I were you, I would keep doing what I was doing if you don't have active acne. Keep blotting away that oil. It is much better than getting on prescription drugs IMO.

Also you could try a zinc, magnesium and B-vitamin supplement. I've got very oily hair but this slashes oil production for me.

As you are already using blotting paper and that's just not cutting it I think talking about spiro to your derm and describing your situtation would be a good idea.

If a derm won't prescribe spiro and you are female there are some birth control pills that can seriously cut oil production such as diane-35 and Yaz.

Almost any birth control should improve acne, but only a few have been tested and marketed as decreasing acne. I use a very low dose BC that is not marketed for acne and it has helped my acne dramatically.

Actually, I've heard the minipill might make you oilier. Also I've heard others like alesse and micrgynon causing acne. If you want less oily skin you need a pill with an anti-androgenic ingredient.