Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
swoosh0410

Hydroquinone for Spot Treatment?

I just came back from my derm office and i was prescribed a hydroquinone product to treat some brown/red marks left behind from acne. they are small patches on each cheek. my derm told me to spot treat the areas twice a day. is this the right way to go? won't i have lightened cheeks compared to other spots on my face? any advice??

I am using hydroquinone myself but since I have so much PIH and marks I use it all over the areas affected. I guess if you can apply the hydroquinone very precisely where you have the darker marks that would be even better (blends in with the rest of the skin in time).

Good luck!

I've been using a cream with Hydroquinone in it too. It has helped my red/dark spots fade faster. But I apply just a little bit with a q-tip so I don't get it in other places, b/c than yes it will bleach your other skin and you will look uneven. I also try not to use it everyday because this stuff is under FDA review. Hydroquinone has been linked to cancer :confused: So now I'm kind of scared of it and am looking into something else.