Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
backdoor_clobber

NOTHING IS WORKING!!!!

I've been avoiding carbs(except white rice), avoiding dairy, avoiding sugars, avoiding junk foods. Nothing is working. In fact, I must say my skin looks even WORSE than before. My skin has never looked this bad. Never. I've been washing regularly 3 times a day, and I've even been eating more veggies + fish oil pills(just started though). Still it's not working. I'm sooo desperate...

Are you getting enough fat in your diet? Veggies won't provide much substinence on a low-carb diet. Try upping your intake of butter and oil before your vegetable intake.

If you describe your diet more thoroughly, meaning what you are actually eating, instead of just what your avoiding you will probably get more helpful responses. Also you may to want to be more mindful of your topical regimen. Washing 3 times a day seems excessive to me and will likely lead to dry aggravated skin, especially if your are using a harsh cleanser.

Try the paleo diet and stick to it for two weeks. No grain at all, no dairy at all, no french fries no sweets, etc.

Veggies (no potatoes), nuts (almonds, etc. no cashews or peanuts), fruits, and lots of fish (poach it instead of cooking it in a pan, it's healthier; it means boiling water and dropping the fish meat in the water and wait till it is cooked) as well as chicken and some other meats.

TRY IT, STICK TO IT, and then report after two weeks. Difficult at first for 4 days or so, but stick to it! Also quit masturbating, do it maybe once a week. Just forget about it.

Let me know if it works:)

I understand completely what you mean, backdoor_clobber. Dairy, sugar and grains free diet doesn't seems to be the best solution for me too. I managed to reduce my back acne with this diet, but as whole my acne is not even 50% better. My main diet triggers are: sugar/sweeteners and dairy. Potatoes, beans, grains and high-carb meals doesn't affect my acne. Despite that I'm trying to stick only with whole grains and sweet potatoes.

I'm using Taurine since 04 June this year (18 days) and my skin looks a lot better. Other thing that seems to affect my skin is masturbation. So maybe you can try masturbation-free regimen :) After 4 or 5 unsuccessful attempts I'm decided to do it at last. No masturbation as long as I see significant skin improvements. I don't know how long will take this... month.. or two.

So, don't worry and don't panic, backdoor_clobber :) We here to help each other.

You can contact me on skype (Stormbringer_91) or MSM ([email protected]) if you want to chat about the topic.

Thanks. Well there's no diet that I actually follow. I just eat whatever is around and avoid stuff like oily foods, sugar, dairy. And I also eat more veggies. Are there specific foods I should be eating more of? My diet MUST consist of rice. I'm Chinese and I eat it everyday. I honestly don't think theres a problem with it though. My siblings are acne-free and they've been eating it. Why am I the only one in the family(of 5) with acne?

I've been avoiding carbs(except white rice), avoiding dairy, avoiding sugars, avoiding junk foods. Nothing is working. In fact, I must say my skin looks even WORSE than before. My skin has never looked this bad. Never. I've been washing regularly 3 times a day, and I've even been eating more veggies + fish oil pills(just started though). Still it's not working. I'm sooo desperate...

Stick to the low sugar diet and fish oil supplements. Get the salmon oil supplements. Also use some sulfur based topical lotions. Eat fresh spinach, tomatoes and olive oil and you'll see an improvement within a week. Avoid Chinese take-out food and cook your own using olive oil.

fish oil capsules broke me out horribly, im sure u get enough fish in ur diet as ur chinese so i dont think the capsules are necessary. try brown rice as an alternative to normal rice. cut down on gluten and wheat. ur already doing a good job cutting out dairy and crap, keep it up

6 months dairy, sugar, grains, junk free (of course with cheating sometimes) and I'm not even 40-50% clear. How can you explain that? I see only marginal improvements.

I'm definitely searching for some other methods. It's weird when people say you "just stick to paleo" when you said to them that paleo is not working.