Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
captormoonlu

birth control recommendations?

'yaz' is suppossed to help with acne, but i tried it for about 3 months and it made my face horrible. the worse it's ever been, but i've read about plenty of girls trying it and having success.

it all just depends on you.

i've been taking 'Sprintec' (which is an off brand of Ortho Tri-cyclen) and it's worked fine for me. no horrible breakouts. but no MIRACLE results either. i've been taking it for like...hmm...7 months now.

i'd recommend Ortho Tri-Cyclen. try getting the real brand if you can, not the off brand.

good luck. i really hope you find success. :wub:

I'm going on birth control to regulate my periods. What are some that also help out with acne?

Most BCPs have the potential to help out with acne, but those with levonorgestrel tend to be the worst for it and may cause breakouts. If you have heavier periods, you may want to try an extended cycle pill like loestrin 24 or Yaz, and if you get headaches you probably want to stay away from high-estrogen pills and triphasic pills like Ortho Tricyclen.

I'm on NuvaRing and love it because it's super low dose so it has no bad side effects. It's not advertise for acne, but of the types of BC I've tried, it's the only one that keeps my acne relatively under control.

I take Ortho Tricyclen Lo and it works great for me. It regulated my periods and got rid of my hormonal chin/jawline acne. I didn't see results until about 4-5 months in, so you have to be patient.

I take Ortho Tricyclen Lo and it works great for me. It regulated my periods and got rid of my hormonal chin/jawline acne. I didn't see results until about 4-5 months in, so you have to be patient.

Good to know because I just finished month 3 and haven't seen too many good results with the acne. Hopefully this month and next it will get better and better. I don't want to quit because I know it takes a while for your body to realize the dosage.

Thanks!

ortho tri cyclen is really good for you Acne. I started off on it and then switched to the generic TRINESSA. pills are the same color, it's exactly as the brand. It's cheaper through insurance so I perfer it. It works just as the real stuff.

I've been off of it for a couple of months because I had to get on another medication that interfere w/ it. But now I'm ready to get back on it. :) I can't wait because my breakouts are pretty bad right now, especially w/ my period coming around the corner.

FYI, anyone taking Spironolactone??? I'm planning on starting it this week. I'm so exicted, can't wait to see results.

Any suggestions, advice for those who have taken it??