Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ghostunit

I wanna know if is ok to eat white rice sometime?

Like how many times a week u think is good to eat white rice? or a month.. ^^

Yes i do add veggies the rice turns orange. :) , spanish rice ^^

The question is, does rice break you out? If yes, then limit it as much as you don't want to get breakouts. If not and you love it, eat it everyday in a moderate fashion! There is no reason to take it out if it doens't break you out and if you are getting nice meat, veggies, fruit and nutritious fats on the side.

The question is, does rice break you out? If yes, then limit it as much as you don't want to get breakouts. If not and you love it, eat it everyday in a moderate fashion! There is no reason to take it out if it doens't break you out and if you are getting nice meat, veggies, fruit and nutritious fats on the side.

thx alot :) i love white rice been eating it since i was age 1. now i am 21.

so 20 years eating white rice.. every day xcept saturday and sunday.

People say white rice is unhealthy. , prolly with Oil and not adding veggies is Unhealthy!

but if use good oil and add veggies should be fine :) , and beans. :P

Yeah i eat fruits and veggies when i am done eating rice :) and lots of water to clean inside my body. hehe

I only eat healthy foods , so if white rice with veggies not healthy then will avoid it and maybe eat sometime

I will make brown rice instead , taste is bad but will get uised it.

People say white rice is unhealthy. , prolly with Oil and not adding veggies is Unhealthy!

Yeah i eat fruits and veggies when i am done eating rice :) and lots of water to clean inside my body. hehe

I only eat healthy foods , so if white rice with veggies not healthy then will avoid it and maybe eat sometime

Hey Eddie,

I am in the very same situation as you are ;)

Are you Korean? I also ate white rice everyday since I was a 1 year old.

I'm also 21, and I still eat white rice.

I've done an intense research recently on rice and grains and nutrition in general.

Heres what I think:

Basically, we are from an Asian culture, therefore, our genes expect us to consume some rice. Just like how some people in the western culture are good on High-fat, Low carb diet, I think a lot of the asian culture are on the high carb, low fat diets, because thats what our ancestors ate.

I tend to break out when I consume fatty red meats, so I avoid it.

Also, I've tried the famous "No Grain" diet, consuming no rice, and after a few days, I almost collapsed. I ate a lot of beans, veggie carbs, and sufficient amount of protein and fat, but I was very low on energy all the time.

If you have been eating rice all your life, such as I have, there is no reason why your body cannot take it in now either. However, it is true that white rice is not very healthy if consumed in large amounts. White rice is considered as a high carbohydrate being one of the highest in the glycemic index/load. That means consuming a lot of white rice will make your blood sugar levels unstable. Same goes for White bread and table sugar.

To test this, I even checked my Blood sugar levels, and it turned out that my blood sugar levels were very low. This means I have a very high insulin production due to the high white rice intake. To simplify, consuming white rice/bread, raises your blood sugar levels sharply, then your body creates insulin to bring that down, causing an over production of insulin. Therefore, your blood sugar levels are unstable, releasing growth hormones that affect your immune system.

But I ate 2-3 big bowls of rice per meal, so thats 6-9 BIG bowls of white rice a DAY.

So do not eat so much rice, but consuming daily should be fine for your health.

Now I eat 1 small bowl of rice (mixed with white and brown with beans and veggies) every meal, and add some olive oil to match the carb with sufficient fat. So 3 bowls of healthy rice, along with a lot of raw vegetables.

If rice causes acne I might as well suicide, because I cant live without it lol

Hey Eddie,

I am in the very same situation as you are ;)

Are you Korean? I also ate white rice everyday since I was a 1 year old.

I'm also 21, and I still eat white rice.

I've done an intense research recently on rice and grains and nutrition in general.

Heres what I think:

Basically, we are from an Asian culture, therefore, our genes expect us to consume some rice. Just like how some people in the western culture are good on High-fat, Low carb diet, I think a lot of the asian culture are on the high carb, low fat diets, because thats what our ancestors ate.

I tend to break out when I consume fatty red meats, so I avoid it.

Also, I've tried the famous "No Grain" diet, consuming no rice, and after a few days, I almost collapsed. I ate a lot of beans, veggie carbs, and sufficient amount of protein and fat, but I was very low on energy all the time.

If you have been eating rice all your life, such as I have, there is no reason why your body cannot take it in now either. However, it is true that white rice is not very healthy if consumed in large amounts. White rice is considered as a high carbohydrate being one of the highest in the glycemic index/load. That means consuming a lot of white rice will make your blood sugar levels unstable. Same goes for White bread and table sugar.

To test this, I even checked my Blood sugar levels, and it turned out that my blood sugar levels were very low. This means I have a very high insulin production due to the high white rice intake. To simplify, consuming white rice/bread, raises your blood sugar levels sharply, then your body creates insulin to bring that down, causing an over production of insulin. Therefore, your blood sugar levels are unstable, releasing growth hormones that affect your immune system.

But I ate 2-3 big bowls of rice per meal, so thats 6-9 BIG bowls of white rice a DAY.

So do not eat so much rice, but consuming daily should be fine for your health.

Now I eat 1 small bowl of rice (mixed with white and brown with beans and veggies) every meal, and add some olive oil to match the carb with sufficient fat. So 3 bowls of healthy rice, along with a lot of raw vegetables.

If rice causes acne I might as well suicide, because I cant live without it lol

That's what i wrote that i can't live with out the white rice :) on other forum. lol

Thx for all that :) , my mom cooks so good and so my grandma.

to be honest i like grandma's rice better then my mom. lol

she dunno that yet :P must not tell!!

I am spanish :) ,

I just wanted to know if is k to eat sometime ^^

I am sorta in the same boat, I eat rice just about everyday. I and half Caucasian and half Japanese. I switched to brown rice, and at first I didn't like it, but now I actually prefer it to white. But, is brown rice any better than white? I am trying to keep a hypoglycemic diet and would like to cut carbs as much as possible, so lately i've avoided even brown rice.

I am sorta in the same boat, I eat rice just about everyday. I and half Caucasian and half Japanese. I switched to brown rice, and at first I didn't like it, but now I actually prefer it to white. But, is brown rice any better than white? I am trying to keep a hypoglycemic diet and would like to cut carbs as much as possible, so lately i've avoided even brown rice.

I tried the Brown rice diet. It's not bad, but I can't eat full brown rice, tastes pretty bad and takes long to cook. I thnk mixing it is better

Brown rice is better in terms of glycemic load. It has a much lower glycemic load compared to white rice.

Oh I just read an interesting article:

Low inducers are best, however, high inducers can be eaten if a fat is also eaten at the same time since the fat binds to the carbohydrates and slows absorption. For example, you could eat carrots (bad glycemic index) in a salad with olive oil.

So in rice, you could add some olive oil in it to slow down the absorption of it and it should be fine.

When I started the paleo diet, which has a no grain rule, I also felt a big loss of energy, but after a few days my body got used to it. I haven't had any grain in two weeks and I feel no more energy losses at all. You just have to make sure you eat enough food.

I don't think that different races are highly adapted to diets because the racial changes and where they moved to happened over a short period of time, not enough for humans to go through enough periods of difficult survival for them to be filtered out based on their genes in relation to their environment. For example, Native Americans came from Asia just a few thousand years ago, but the diet changed a lot. Also, most Asians probably did NOT eat rice until a few thousand years ago because before then they were hunter/gatherers and rice must be cooked to be eaten.

Back then we were all just chasing for meat a LOT and eating fish too, also some vegetables that could be eaten raw, some fruits (but rarely because they are no highly available) and nuts.

Constipation is also bad for the skin, and rice tends to constipate because people don't chew it enough and/or because it's probably not that easy to digest (it is very absorbent, so it probably turns into a difficult-to-digest paste in the stomach).

When I started the paleo diet, which has a no grain rule, I also felt a big loss of energy, but after a few days my body got used to it. I haven't had any grain in two weeks and I feel no more energy losses at all. You just have to make sure you eat enough food.

I don't think that different races are highly adapted to diets because the racial changes and where they moved to happened over a short period of time, not enough for humans to go through enough periods of difficult survival for them to be filtered out based on their genes in relation to their environment. For example, Native Americans came from Asia just a few thousand years ago, but the diet changed a lot. Also, most Asians probably did NOT eat rice until a few thousand years ago because before then they were hunter/gatherers and rice must be cooked to be eaten.

Back then we were all just chasing for meat a LOT and eating fish too, also some vegetables that could be eaten raw, some fruits (but rarely because they are no highly available) and nuts.

Constipation is also bad for the skin, and rice tends to constipate because people don't chew it enough and/or because it's probably not that easy to digest (it is very absorbent, so it probably turns into a difficult-to-digest paste in the stomach).

First off, I'd say you are being pretty biased according to your diet.

I know you feel that your diet is better fit for everyone. But let me guarantee you this. It is NOT for everyone. Especially someone who cannot take high amounts of animal fat, such as myself. I break out from even the slightest animal fat, especially from pork.

Also, about genes. Don't you think most of your genes are closely related to your parents? Maybe what they eat works for you as well.

And you're way off there on when Asians started eating rice.

human beings may have been farming rice for up to 10,000 years.

I guess you didn't think they used to cook the meat as well with fire?

and fruits were rare you say?.... where are you getting this from, fruits were PLENTIFUL

meat was NOT in asia. A lot of fish, grains, vegetables, and fruit were available.

And as I explained above, if you add olive oil to the rice you slow-down the absorption rate of the carb, making if FINE for consumption.

Yes im half korean and was brought up on white rice. But rice will definitely be apossible cause of acne to someone who suffers acne. I think it did for me because 3 weeks ago my face was calming down then I ate quite a bit of rice, with vegetables and olive oil. Broke out. It's very high in starches and complex carbohydrates (both bad for acne) and its sticky nature leads it to stick inside of the digestive walls and not move or digest which leads to indigestion, constipation, and possibly acne. I'd recomend brown rice. If you cant stand brown rice then Id recomen d taking some digestive enzymes with your white rice and possibly drinking a glass of fresh lemon water or acv in your water after your meal. Should help with that.

Yes im half korean and was brought up on white rice. But rice will definitely be apossible cause of acne to someone who suffers acne. I think it did for me because 3 weeks ago my face was calming down then I ate quite a bit of rice, with vegetables and olive oil. Broke out. It's very high in starches and complex carbohydrates (both bad for acne) and its sticky nature leads it to stick inside of the digestive walls and not move or digest which leads to indigestion, constipation, and possibly acne. I'd recomend brown rice. If you cant stand brown rice then Id recomen d taking some digestive enzymes with your white rice and possibly drinking a glass of fresh lemon water or acv in your water after your meal. Should help with that.

I agree with what you stated here.

you still broke out with olive oil in the white rice? Also, how did those digestive enzymes work for you?

I think I broke out because I ate TOO much white rice... so i reduced the amount.

But i think what you said about taking some digestive enzymes may really help.

What are you taking for the digestive enzyme supplement? I heard B-Complex vitamins are one of them. It is also very important to CHEW your food down

Heres what i found about that:

B Complex Vitamins - the B group vitamins are important for the production of digestive enzymes.

- 1 tsp of apple cider vinegar in 1/4 glass of warm water before each meal may help stimulate digestive juices to break down food, particularly protein. Apple cider vinegar contains malic acid which stimulates digestive acid.

- 1/2 a lemon squeezed into half a glass of water may also stimulate digestive juices.

- Potassium chloride is involved in the production of hydrochloric acid.

- Bitter foods also activate the digestive process.

So I guess you're supposedto drink the ACV before the meal... I will try this

What is wrong with white rice? I eat it everyday. For bodybuilding, it really builds the muscle fast.

k good :) , i am sure white rice doesn't give me acne cause if it does i would had tons...