Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Aria H.

I can't even talk to the boy I like!

My relationship with the guy I currently like is something I'd call...quiet.

It started during September of 2007. We were both in choir, and the whole class had to learn choreography to a song. He was my partner. That was the first time I really...noticed him. He's a year older than me, and I think he's very cute.

So, soon after we did our little..."dance" I started liking him A LOT. I was very disappointed when I found out that he'd quit choir for the second semester. However, he decided to be in the musical anyway. I kept seeing him around the school, more than I had before (and I'd had 2 classes with him in the first semester).

So, we finally talked to each other three months ago (he initiated the conversation!!! :dance:). But since then...nothing.

I don't really think my acne is holding me back (he has some too, more severe than mine), but I'm afraid to tell him how I feel, because if he doesn't feel the same way, then I'd be embarrassed. Overall, I don't have a ton of confidence oozing out of me, but I can easily identify what I like about myself the most.

I often find myself wondering if he thinks about me at all, and maybe he's just as scared to talk to me as I am to him.

My relationship with the guy I currently like is something I'd call...quiet.

It started during September of 2007. We were both in choir, and the whole class had to learn choreography to a song. He was my partner. That was the first time I really...noticed him. He's a year older than me, and I think he's very cute.

So, soon after we did our little..."dance" I started liking him A LOT. I was very disappointed when I found out that he'd quit choir for the second semester. However, he decided to be in the musical anyway. I kept seeing him around the school, more than I had before (and I'd had 2 classes with him in the first semester).

So, we finally talked to each other three months ago (he initiated the conversation!!! :dance:). But since then...nothing.

I don't really think my acne is holding me back (he has some too, more severe than mine), but I'm afraid to tell him how I feel, because if he doesn't feel the same way, then I'd be embarrassed. Overall, I don't have a ton of confidence oozing out of me, but I can easily identify what I like about myself the most.

I often find myself wondering if he thinks about me at all, and maybe he's just as scared to talk to me as I am to him.

Hey I'm a guy, and I can tell you that some guys just like to play it safe.

It depends what kind of guy he is, like does he approach girls easily?

I used to just wait till I get closer to the girl, or the girl approaches me. Before, I really really wanted to call a girl, but I never would. So he could be feeling the same way...

But now I just approach the person if I really want to get to know them more. There is nothing to lose, only time. I figured it's not worth the wait.

There is nothing to be embarassed about, it's a natural thing to bump into each other. We are human and thats how we find our love.

Good luck, and I definitely encourage you to give a little sign, and try to catch his sign. So you can stay safe. Don't just be like Oh i like you and whatever.. just show a little interest and try to get to know each other better.

The thing is, he seems like he'd be the type of guy to approach a girl easily. Yet, the only interaction I've heard of him having with a girl romantically was him making out with the school...well...slut. Since then, they haven't even talked (I have my sources).

I have a guy friend that is sort of his friend, and he offered to do ALL of the talking for me, but I said no. I did ask him to do a little digging for me. My friend didn't ask the right questions, but he did tell the guy I like that a girl likes him, and she's afraid to talk to him blahblahblah. He said he'd at least talk to me :D

It's really hard to talk to him, because we're out of school now, and I can't just call him. I haven't talked to him quite enough to do that.

The thing is, he seems like he'd be the type of guy to approach a girl easily. Yet, the only interaction I've heard of him having with a girl romantically was him making out with the school...well...slut. Since then, they haven't even talked (I have my sources).

I have a guy friend that is sort of his friend, and he offered to do ALL of the talking for me, but I said no. I did ask him to do a little digging for me. My friend didn't ask the right questions, but he did tell the guy I like that a girl likes him, and she's afraid to talk to him blahblahblah. He said he'd at least talk to me :D

It's really hard to talk to him, because we're out of school now, and I can't just call him. I haven't talked to him quite enough to do that.

Ah I see,

What is holding you back? Does this have anything to do with your acne? Acne surely destroyed some of my relationships.... even with close friends.

Well if you have his number... why not! Just ask if you would like to get together for a dinner or something. I know that sounds much easier said then done. But if you truly do like this guy, I'd say go for it before you guys get more farther away from each other

How old are you anyway? If you are in highschool I would think you would be able to call a guy you have talked to before. It seems like you are overcomplicating this for no reason.

If you are nervous about talking to guys on the phone, do some practice runs. Hell, you can call me. It's not that hard.

Seriously, pick up the phone, call him. Or i will.

don't be so scared, men have insecurities too ya know. he's probably as scared as you are. just call him and ask him what he's doing or up to, don't confess your love to him.

Sometimes I feel it is holding me back, but not a lot.

Yeah, I'm in high school, but I've only talked to him a teensy bit, and the last time I talked to him was late March/early April.

I'm working on a strategy :clap:

You said you has a mutual friend? can’t you organise a group thing and get the mutual friend to ask him to come? That way, you two would be at the same place at the same time having fun hopefully by the end of the day/night you’ll have struck up a conversation and started to get the ball rolling.

I would definitely suggest asking your mutual friend to help you arrange a situation where you can get to know one another a bit more before you suggest anything like a date.