Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I've used neutrogena power scrub while on differin .3 for months now but I changed to the power wash instead today. I thought the wash may be a little more sensitive and reduce the number of breakouts I've been having as opposed to the rough micro beads in the scrub that help exoliate. Has anyone heard whether or not a scrub is bad while on differin?

I've used neutrogena power scrub while on differin .3 for months now but I changed to the power wash instead today. I thought the wash may be a little more sensitive and reduce the number of breakouts I've been having as opposed to the rough micro beads in the scrub that help exoliate. Has anyone heard whether or not a scrub is bad while on differin?

I asked my derm that same question. Her reply to me was that scrubs are okay to use while treating acne with retinoids, as long as you skip applying your retinoid the night you use the scrub. So scrub away but don't apply your Differin that night. Retinoids themselves act as an exfoliant so using them both will just aggrivate the skin more thus causing more redness, dryness, and possibly breakouts.