Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I'm exactly 3 months into my accutane treatment, and see very little improvement. However, I do notice that I am much less oily (I had moisturizer on in the attached pictures) and my back never breaks out anymore. My jawline and cheeks however, still get smaller sized cysts, which go away relatively quickly, but leave behind dark marks. Also, I still have blackheads and huge open pores. Will the blackheads and large pores subside after the end of treatment? And how bad does my scarring actually look? Is ther any treatment that would work well with my type of scarring?

I'm going to the dermatologist on Wednesday, so I would really appreciate any adivice that I could ask her about.

Thanks!!

post-50858-1214086681_thumb.jpg

post-50858-1214086711_thumb.jpg

post-50858-1214086729_thumb.jpg

post-50858-1214086681_thumb.jpg

post-50858-1214086711_thumb.jpg

post-50858-1214086729_thumb.jpg

I'm exactly 3 months into my accutane treatment, and see very little improvement. However, I do notice that I am much less oily (I had moisturizer on in the attached pictures) and my back never breaks out anymore. My jawline and cheeks however, still get smaller sized cysts, which go away relatively quickly, but leave behind dark marks. Also, I still have blackheads and huge open pores. Will the blackheads and large pores subside after the end of treatment? And how bad does my scarring actually look? Is ther any treatment that would work well with my type of scarring?

I'm going to the dermatologist on Wednesday, so I would really appreciate any adivice that I could ask her about.

Thanks!!

What is your weight and dosage?

In general, time time time is what you need. 3 months isnt really that long on the medication.

I took as intense treatment which lasted four months, 80mg a day. I only really noticed a difference in the final month of treatment. You will need to wait between 6 and 12 months before you are able to get any scar treatments. Although, once this time is up and if you are still not satisfied with the way your face looks you can discuss with your dermatologist perhaps a treatment such as microdermabrasion.

Thanks!!

In general, time time time is what you need. 3 months isnt really that long on the medication.

Im 200 lb and on 80 mg daily. I thought it would be clear by now. Does it make your pores any smaller?

Thanks!!

Im 200 lb and on 80 mg daily. I thought it would be clear by now. Does it make your pores any smaller?

I was broken out pretty bad at the time of my appointment. A week later, the breakout cleared up.. then I started to dry out a little .. and then the Accutane kicked in and for 2 months I had the worst breakouts I have ever had in my life. They slowly started going away. I am 18 weeks in (about to start "month 5", due to delays in appointments/prescriptions, I'm about 2wks behind). You need to just give it time.