Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
thunder_cloud

Making your own toothpaste

This is not acne related but I figured some of you folks might be interested. I'm sick of paying so much for natural brands thats still have fluoride and other unnecessary ingredients. It couldnt be easier and cheaper to make your own. Just mix 4 parts baking soda with 1 part sea salt and mix with a little water until you get a toothpaste consistency. Customize it with your favorite flavor oils. Thats it!

This is not acne related but I figured some of you folks might be interested. I'm sick of paying so much for natural brands thats still have fluoride and other unnecessary ingredients. It couldnt be easier and cheaper to make your own. Just mix 4 parts baking soda with 1 part sea salt and mix with a little water until you get a toothpaste consistency. Customize it with your favorite flavor oils. Thats it!

Baking soda is supposed to be really abrasive though. You'd think if natural companies really cared about the environment and our health they would make their products the same price as normal brands. It's really stupid, I just don't bother with them.

baking soda does erode enamel. I used it for about a month instead of OTC toothpaste and had to stop, due to my teeth becoming extremely sensitive to hot and cold. It took a few months to return to normal. :doubt: I wont go there again.