Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest Adeel Lone

Oh crap. Would they prescribe me accutane now that my face is clearing up?

Guest Adeel Lone

I just realised. I'm going to see my Derm next friday. Basically 3 months ago I had bad skin, and went to the derm and she prescribed me Tetralysal. And for the first 2.5 months my skin went from bad, to very bad, to ok, to good to bad. Just went up and down, now my skin is ok. But I really do want to be put on accutane to finally get rid of this acne.

You think the derm would believe me if I say "My face just cleared up in this last week, the Tetralysal didn't help really, so can you prescribe me on Accutane?"

EVERY week I took pics, so I can show her that. I hope she looks at the pics and prescribes me it.

http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/3498/acnweeq2.jpg

I've never been to a Derm, just a doctor for my acne but as long as you say that you really want accutane and show the pictures I don't see how he/she could refuse.

Obviously I could be wrong, you might want to wait for someone with a bit more experience with Derms to post.

Most of the time a derm will try to put you on a different medication 1st to see if it is working then if not maybe accutane. They will try to sway away from accutane as possible unless it is the last resort. That is why you dont see everyone and their mama on accutane.

My Derm put me on accutane after she reviewed my history of ups and downs. She took into consideration how long I had the problem, not just how bad/not bad it was at the time. I don't know if all Derms are the same on this, but she really tried to understand how much it meant to me to clear up my skin as well.