Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LadyLol

Mayonnasie is not Dairy

I had just assumed anything white & creamy was made with milk and avoiding it! Apparently Mayo is just oil, egg whites, vinegar and spices (mustard, tumeric, paprika). I'm so glad I found another delicious dairy-free condiment. Huzzah!

I feel so silly for not realizing this sooner! :doh:

Typical mayonnaise should be avoided, because of the soybean oil.

It's a great condiment, though. You should try making your own with high-quality ingredients (actually, it's essentially the same ingredients but without the soybean oil).

Yeah, I'm always having to tell people that. Personally, I find it disgusting. But if you want it, then make it yourself in a blender. Most supermarket brands will be made with the worst ingredients.

Those spices aren't in most mayonnaises, btw. Mayo is eggs, oil and lemon juice. If there was tumeric in it, it would be totally yellow. If there was paprika, it would be reddish.

I have weird experiences with mayonaisse, some brands make me oily (helmann's), some don't (marks & spencers) :D

Is that you in your avatar, Raggamuffin? Your skin looks great. adding this in in case somebody doesn't realize i'm being sarcastic