Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
acne_battle

Im sick of my skin being dry and itchy so Id like a recommendation

Can you please recommend me a moisturizer that works for dry sensitive skin. My face is so dry and itchy and Im tired of it. Please recommend me a moisturizer that works well for sensitive skin and doesnt contain comedogenic ingredients. Id appreciate it. Thanks

I have dry sensitive skin and I use Cetaphil Daily Moisturizing Lotion and a few drops of Jojoba oil everyday. It may or may not work for you, but you can give it a try.

Mixing a few drops of jojoba oil into most moisturizers or even cleansers helps a ton, key word being few. A little of this stuff goes a long way! Or using jojoba oil straight up is another possibility...Either way jojoba oil is the best moisturizer in the world and it's all natural. I've heard of a few people breaking out from it which is surprising but generally if you are using the right amount(1-3 drops) then you should be okay.

Vaseline or Aquaphor in a very light massaged-in film. Cooler showers or warm showers. Hot ones will make skin dry and itchy.

Vaseline or Aquaphor in a very light massaged-in film. Cooler showers or warm showers. Hot ones will make skin dry and itchy.

I dunno if I could give up my hot showers for less dry skin....OMG there's nothing more relaxing that a hot shower.

But I second that advice.

Know you've tried a lot Molly, hope you find something that works.

I dont even let the shower water hit my face and Aquaphor isnt something I could wear in the day time. Its too greasy and I cannot envision wearing it under my make up

my favorite moisturizer is cerave moisturizing lotion, not the cream, it's very nice. I like it because it is pretty lightweight, not heavy or greasy, but i can add more to build up the moisture if my skin is really dry. It does a pretty good job at getting rid of the "flakies" but it doesn't get rid of them all, which I just take care of with exfoliation. The only thing that I do not like about it is that you will need to wait a while, like 10-15 minutes before applying foundation because it does not soak in very fast. i don't know if you have tried it or not, you may have and hated it haha.

here is the website for it,

http://www.cerave.com/lotion.htm

edit: i was browsing that website ^ and I noticed that it said that the lotion " forms a protective layer over the skin’s surface to help prevent moisture loss" so i guess that's why I thought that it didn't soak in very fast. lol

Please let this topic die. Im back to using Dans moisturizer

Have you tried wearing the moisturizer during the day, under your minerals? It will definitely make them look better, less powdery and flaky.

Just a thought.

Have you tried wearing the moisturizer during the day, under your minerals? It will definitely make them look better, less powdery and flaky.

Just a thought.

Yes, thats what Ive been doing the past couple of days

Just a thought.

Okays, wasn't sure. Your sig just has it under the "night" section.

I also use cerave, but I use NeoBenz too and this combo somehow turns into a greasy mess after like 10 minutes of being on. Does anyone know of a moisturizer that won't make you greasy. And I've tried jojoba....horrible!

actually, today i used cerave with neobenz combo and it wasn't that bad, i just got a little oily during the day which i cured with blotting papers. so it was fine i will try and continue with this.