Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

hey i am having a complete nightmare with my face and scars,and i dont know what the hell to do!i dont have an awful lot of active acne,but i have some shallow but pitted scars on both side of my face and around the cheeks,and when i try to cover them it just looks so bad!i have tried bare minerals and yuck,it just made my pores and face look awful,loreal true match minerals,colour was good but it stuck in each and every pore and scar,estee lauder double wear,not much coverage and made my skin look dull,revlon colourstay minerals,pasty and dull.in the past three months i have spent over three hundred pounds on products,plus almost at the end of a seven week microdermabrasion,and im just at wits end.sometimes i feel i cant carry on looking like this,i have gotten so depressed that i wonder how on earth i can have a normal happy life,driving,holidays abroad etc,with that on my face.all i need is a good foundation with good coverage,that looks sort of radiant rather than dull,please help me because got two small children who are fed up with mummy stuck in the bedroom all day crying and washing different products off her face until its sore and beetroot xxx

aww im so sorry to hear you say that, i know that feeling of putting on your make up an just wanting to wash it straight back off again. make up should be fun though and should make you feel better about yourself, its just a question of finding the right one. ive just recently been trying everyday minerals and it is truely brilliant stuff. coverage like no liquid foundation ive ever used and it doesnt highlight imperfections like i find liquids do, it kind of mutes them. they are very very cheap so maybe you could try a couple of samples (in fact the samples are free so you may as well)

if you really like liquid though maybe you could try the revlon colourstay liquid? this is supposed to give brilliant coverage and really last. ive also heard good stuff about physicians formula liquid minerals and mac. have a search through and look at makeupalley.com and read some reviews. however i think the key for you is applying it correctly. if you chose to use liquid, get yourself a nice light glowy irridescent formula thats gonna make you feel good and then rely on a good concealer (maybe from mac) for your coverage. its important to get good brushes as these make the world of difference and really do some research as to how to apply your make up, read reviews and look it up on you tube. it makes so much difference if you know how to use products and its fun to learn too! you will look best if you dont cover your face with thick heavy foudations, just cover up your marks and leave your good skin to look more natural. you can create any matt finish or sparkle with finishing powders too and a good blush and mascara will make you feel much better. good luck, let us know what you decide!

thankyou very much for your advice,im extremly grateful.will look up everday minerals on the net and also psychians formula.have read a lot of make up reviews but will keep searching and let u know.many thanks again x