Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
paper doll

Why Did My Acne Go Away?

i suffered acne from mid teens...

when i went to California from Australia to study abroad when I was 21, after spending a couple of months there, my acne improved significantly...

Whilst my diet was bad in Australia, it was just as bad in California, eating Pizza and burgers at the dining commons every day.

I drank a lot of alcohol, a lot. Drank heavily 3-5 nights a week.

Yet my face was the best it's been since i was 14...

I came back home to Australia, and my face went back to the way it was.

Could it have been the sun? The weather was much sunnier in California, i got a tan... I don't get here in Melbourne.

Wouldn't be the booze would it? Interested in any thoughts...

Quite possibly the sun from the sound of it. My skin pretty much always clears up quite significantly after being in the sun for a while. I think it dries up excess oil or burns off the top layer of skin cells or something. I don't really know. All I know is it's good stuff and if we had more of it in England I would be a much happier person!

Air? We have bad/polluted air in California. I had a friend with very clear skin who moved here from texas and she started breaking out like crazy. She goes back, and she's clear again.. Hmmmm

I heard humidity in the air has an effect. Is it really humid where you live?

humidity was very similar in both places...

don't think it was the water :P i drank bottled water when i was there...

i find this is true for me, on a lesser scale.

After moving from melbourne to sydney (AUSTRALIA), my acne is got so much worse. im guessing its due to:

water?

air/environment?

sun

new living conditions/apartment

alergies

Air? We have bad/polluted air in California. I had a friend with very clear skin who moved here from texas and she started breaking out like crazy. She goes back, and she's clear again.. Hmmmm

Interesting, I can say that the sun and an arid desert environment are quite good for my skin. Are you more stressed in Cali? Where did you enjoy living more? Any other lifestyle changes?

Yeah, I moved to Texas from Ohio and my skin broke out horribly. It went from very mild acne to what my derm described as "severe". I'm going on accutane.

i find this is true for me, on a lesser scale.

After moving from melbourne to sydney (AUSTRALIA), my acne is got so much worse. im guessing its due to:

water?

air/environment?

sun

new living conditions/apartment

alergies

the key factors tehre are new living conditions/apartment and also the air/environment i dont think the rest really matter besides allergies but thats different

maybe the water was soft, and not hard. Hard water (high calcium content etc) may irritate your skin. No, I didnt just make that up.