Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MrFabolous

Do you think I will be seeing better results?

Hello guys.

Im currently VERY constipated, and having a hard time with my bathroom visits. I literally havent been to the bathroom in 6 days, and its really annoying. Im looking in to get some tests done to find out whats wrong with my bowel. I might be lacking the good bacterias still.

But once I got my bowel working properly, do you think I will get some real results from the healthy food that im eating?

Because after 6 days of constipation, this is beginning to show on my skin. I don't get inflamed acne at all, only small red dots some very weird places. And my stomach HURTS. So thats definitely a problem for me right now.

Tests showed my that my hormones are completely fine, but my inner organs very pretty stressed out and caused something to my immunity-system. So im building that up once again.

But Im really looking forward to see some results, rather than not even beeing able to eat vegetables without beeing constipated. That really sucks =P

like i replied today in your other post, a really HIGH QUALITY probiotic supplement on an EMTPY STOMACH with a glass of water TWICE to THRICE a day. there's a huge difference, for me, between taking crap probiotic supplements without doing the above, and doing those things above with a good probiotic supplement.

also, like someone else said to you, walking and exericising (lots..) and keeping water intake up.. plus you could try psyllium husk too but not too much at once with lots of water..

if none of that works, you could try HCL with meals - makes me poop but is harsh to use all the time (for me anyway)..

if you're really desperate as a one-off you could try senna.

like i replied today in your other post, a really HIGH QUALITY probiotic supplement on an EMTPY STOMACH with a glass of water TWICE to THRICE a day. there's a huge difference, for me, between taking crap probiotic supplements without doing the above, and doing those things above with a good probiotic supplement.

also, like someone else said to you, walking and exericising (lots..) and keeping water intake up.. plus you could try psyllium husk too but not too much at once with lots of water..

if none of that works, you could try HCL with meals - makes me poop but is harsh to use all the time (for me anyway)..

if you're really desperate as a one-off you could try senna.

I'm taking Udo Choice Probiotic, and i've only heard good things about them. I could up my dosage to twice a day. But its hard to take it on empty stomach when my stomach havent been empty for 6 days you know.

My water intake is up at all times, and I know how to live healthy ;) Exercising each day aswell.

Psyllium Husks got my constipated last time, but I know I took them wrong. And I cant get my hands on Bentonite in Denmark. So i'll probablt try a little Psyllium each morning with alot of water.

What is HCL, and what is Senna?

But seriously.

Those things? Arent those just temporary fixes? I mean. I've never had problems with my stomach untill I took antibiotics, so I guess theres something very wrong if I cant even digest grass-fed beef, lean protein and healthy vegetables.

I might not add Brown Rice to my diet right now, since their probablt hard to digest.

But I will try some stuff out to get my bowels moving, and then when im empty I might do a 1 or 2 days juice fast (with vegetable juice)

Wow......6 days. That is not good. You need to go to a colon hydrotherapist immediately. Also, when you first wake up in the morning drink a liter of water and take a probiotic (like the others have said). Take the probiotic first and then the water. Before eating anything go for a run or jog. You might also try some yoga moves that message the intestines. And stretch, stretch, stretch. But seriously, the colon hydrotherapy will clean you out faster and more effectively than anything else you do. I'm not sure where you live, but I'm sure you can find a reputable one within a 50 mile radius of where you live.

In addition, I would recommend cutting out the meat and dairy until you are back to normal. Normal meaning having a bowel movement once or twice a day for at least a month straight. Then you can start incorporating the animal products back in. Also, you must listen to your body. As soon as you have the urge to go, GO! Never, ever wait. That is how most people become constipated, that and their unhealthy diets of meat, diary and processed foods with little to no veggies or fruits.

In addition to the colon hydrotherapy, you could go on a fruit diet for 3 days. Fruits are VERY cleansing. Try doing a mono-fruit diet, where you eat one type of fruit every 2 hours for 3 days. Example, 7:00am 2 or 3 bananas, 9:00am strawberries, 11:00am apples, 1:0pm pears, 3:00pm mangos, 5:00pm oranges, 7:00pm peaches. VERY cleansing indeed!

Hope this helps you. And I hope you go soon!!!

Also, the juice fast will not always make you go. Some people never have a bowel movement on these types of fasts and others do. Many experts advocate doing some form of colonic with a fast, either an enema every day or a colonic in the middle to end.

No urgency, but 6 days it a very long time to not have a bowel movement. Think of it this way, that is 3 meals a day for 6 days that have piled on top of one another. That's a total of 18 meals! If you eat even a half a pound of food at each meal, that is a total of 9 pounds of food! And assuming that the theory that everything you eat must come out from your elimination organs and assuming your colon is the main one, well....you can see where the issues are. Please, please, please get yourself moving soon. And never let it wait past even 2 days!!

Yea man you need to take some laxatives or something to get things going. I wouldnt suggest doin laxatives long term whatsoever. One thing that helps get things going is some magnesium oxide. Its cheap and good for getting things going. That is what I used to take back when I was constantly struggling with constipation. Get this resolved asap though. The only time I went that long is after surgery, and i was so doped up I didnt think about it until it was too late. Enemas are no fun, trust me. dont let it get to that point.

Wow......6 days. That is not good. You need to go to a colon hydrotherapist immediately. Also, when you first wake up in the morning drink a liter of water and take a probiotic (like the others have said). Take the probiotic first and then the water. Before eating anything go for a run or jog. You might also try some yoga moves that message the intestines. And stretch, stretch, stretch. But seriously, the colon hydrotherapy will clean you out faster and more effectively than anything else you do. I'm not sure where you live, but I'm sure you can find a reputable one within a 50 mile radius of where you live.

In addition, I would recommend cutting out the meat and dairy until you are back to normal. Normal meaning having a bowel movement once or twice a day for at least a month straight. Then you can start incorporating the animal products back in. Also, you must listen to your body. As soon as you have the urge to go, GO! Never, ever wait. That is how most people become constipated, that and their unhealthy diets of meat, diary and processed foods with little to no veggies or fruits.

In addition to the colon hydrotherapy, you could go on a fruit diet for 3 days. Fruits are VERY cleansing. Try doing a mono-fruit diet, where you eat one type of fruit every 2 hours for 3 days. Example, 7:00am 2 or 3 bananas, 9:00am strawberries, 11:00am apples, 1:0pm pears, 3:00pm mangos, 5:00pm oranges, 7:00pm peaches. VERY cleansing indeed!

Hope this helps you. And I hope you go soon!!!

I will start drinking more water in the morning, and taking my probiotic when I feel "empty". But yeah, I know this is serious.

Also, I dont drink dairy at all. Im on a very healthy diet, which I know is working. But something is indeed wrong. I know theres something called "Colonic" close to where I live. They can clean me out.

But once im empty again, what do I do? Keep taking probiotics and digestive enzymes? And just keep eating healthy and drinking plenty of water? Im also exercising 30 mins everyday, and I hope that will help me in the future aswell.

But I need a temporary fix right now, and then I need to know how to maintain a healthy gut. I've been told to take Probiotics on a full stomach. But I will switch that around so that i'll take em on empty stomach instead.

Thanks for your reply :)

Do what it takes to get it going. Constipation is likely to wreck your skin.

As a long term solution I'd recommend eating a pound of greens a day. Preferably in green smoothies. Those greens feed the good bacteria in the gut and provide fiber to push things through and make you more regular.

Thanks for the reply.

I will do whatever I can to get my bowels moving again. And then I will keep on eating healthy as I always do.

I will do the following things aswell:

1. Probiotic in the morning with 1 liter mineral water

2. Digestive Enzymes at the main meals

3. Increase water intake

4. 30 min exercise each day

5. Chew the food better

6. Eat my protein (meat) before vegetables at meals.

Can I steam some of my vegetables to make them easier to digest?

Also what is up with mixing fruits and fats? I don't eat fruits right now, but im thinking about starting eating a little bit of berries as a snack each day. Or perhaps a grapefruit in the morning. Would that be alright? I might wait to make sure im clear from candida before I start eating fruit though.

I don't see anything wrong with steaming vegetables.

Where do you go to take tests to see if your hormones are okay? Do the tests tell you if you have excess testosterone and such?

I've never heard of eating meat before veggies. I think the order is reversed. You should always eat the easily digested food FIRST. Therefore the order would be veggies and then meat. Although if I was eating meat, I wouldn't eat anything with it. It is already the most difficult thing to digest in a SAD eaters diet. Also, it takes on average 3 or more days to digest meat. Fruits are the most easily digested food, if eaten alone. The body can digest fruit in less than 12 hours. Also, do not overeat. This can lead to constipation. Once you get things moving I would suggest continue drinking plenty of water, exercising and cutting way back on meat and upping your intake of fruits and veggies.

I've never heard of eating meat before veggies. I think the order is reversed. You should always eat the easily digested food FIRST. Therefore the order would be veggies and then meat. Although if I was eating meat, I wouldn't eat anything with it. It is already the most difficult thing to digest in a SAD eaters diet. Also, it takes on average 3 or more days to digest meat. Fruits are the most easily digested food, if eaten alone. The body can digest fruit in less than 12 hours. Also, do not overeat. This can lead to constipation. Once you get things moving I would suggest continue drinking plenty of water, exercising and cutting way back on meat and upping your intake of fruits and veggies.

3 days to digest meat...umm, no. Sounds like something PETA's website scaring people away from "evil meat". And you should eat meat first, sicne it is the hardest to digest. That way it will get exposed to the most stomach acid. It never made much of a difference though. I would possibly consider cutting back on meat though depending how much you eat it. I was eating 5-6 meals a day a while back, all of which had lots of meat. Thats when I was always having problems with bowel movements. Since i cut back to about 3 meals a day with meat things have improve greatly. If anything i go too much.

A good way to improve meat digestion too would be to add some sort of bone/marrow stock to every meal with meat. Its super easy to make, high in calcium, and helps with digesting meat greatly.

6 days is way too long. the effect is certainly going to show on your skin. If I have no BM for more than 36 hours then I simply stop eating.

for constipation, Drink warm-hot (just tolerable) and keep drinking it at regular intervals 5 mins till you get your stomach churning. But the water has to be really warm. This will make you run to the loo 100 percent and you will have smooth (and liquid) motions.

honestly.........I think sudden increased fiber intake actually causes constipation in people.

How much fiber are you currently eating per day?

honestly.........I think sudden increased fiber intake actually causes constipation in people.

That was exactly what I was going to suggest, after getting his reply.

For the record, I once went 12 days without 'going' .. it was extremely uncomfortable, not fun at all, and i'm sure not healthy for me but there was nothing i could do.. i had fibre, water, senna (btw, Mr Fabulous, senna is a 'natural' laxative that you can get a most chemists - the one i sometimes use is called senokot) and everything.. you won't die but it aint pretty either.

Try eating banana , or brazil nut

this gives me diahrrea... >_< with diahrrea ull go to the bathroom all day since u haven't poop for days.

You can get it all out at once within the 45 minute timeframe of a good colonic. No worries. You'll be clean as a whistle after just one session. That way you won't have to be even more uncomfortable than you are now by taking laxatives and such. I hate laxatives as they make you so gassy and uncomfortable. And many times, they don't work. Unfortunately. Just make an appointment for Monday to get a colonic and then start implementing all of the suggestions here to keep things moving regularly on a day to day basis.

@Kelly, just wondering, what was it that eventually helped? Time?

firstly, i love love love fight club and love your quote :) i just ordered the book on e-bay.. can't wait!

anyway.. well, the situation came about because i went on anti-depressants that can be very constipating plus i wasn't eating enough food. so, i would disagree with the poster who said he would stop eating to solve this problem. not enough food going through won't be able to push it out. that does not not not mean over-eating or stuffing yourself, tho, either.

it is hard to say what helped, this was a while ago, i spose eventually the combination of : strawberries, a lil bit of licorice (sp?), coloxyl (can't remember the exact name.. it's a widely used chemical laxative), plus sennna both in tablet and in some disgusting fruit block thing (absolutely hands down the most disgusting thing i've ever had to eat..) and just lots of water and patience. when i finally went it was difficult and not all that successful so i eventually went off the drugs and it got better.. but back then i would only BM a couple times a week - very unhealthy, but then, i was eating an unhealthy amount of food (as in, not near enough..)

Well, im eating loads of vegetables.

Could I be eating too much fiber pr day, so I get constipated?

I will drop the meat in the morning, and make a salad instead. Meat will be for lunch and dinner. I will probably make an egg every once in a while in the morning instead.

And then I will cut down on the vegetables for snacks. I seem to be eating LOADS and LOADS of vegetables. Especially leafy greens.

Where do you go to take tests to see if your hormones are okay? Do the tests tell you if you have excess testosterone and such?

Can someone please answer the questions?

Can someone please answer the questions?

You can go to your doctor for blood tests for various hormones (free testosterone and other androgens, progesterone, estrogen, etc.). But he/she might not be willing to have you tested if you don't have any major symptoms of hormonal imbalance... They usually won't test if you only have acne, but it doesn't hurt to ask. If your doctor won't do it, you can order saliva hormone tests over the internet, like at www.johnleemd.com.