Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Seabass

Powder Makeup for Dry Skin

I've been looking for a powder to use as a light/sheer foundation but I have somewhat dry/normal skin and I feel like every powder I've tried is visible on my skin and looks dry and flaky and very obvious. I also have problems with comedones and noninflammed acne. I don't like liquid makeup and like the convenience of a powder. Does anyone have any suggestions?

i highly doubt you can find a powder that doesn't look "powdery". i'd suggest starting with a well moisturized and exfoliated face, and using a glycerin water spray (1:10 glycerin:water) after you've applied your powder to make it blend into your skin to take away the powdery look. an example is mac fix+, but i just make my own.

Try Everyday Minerals samples in the Original Glow Formula. Its an on line site. You get three foundation samples, a concealerl and a blush. All you have to pay for is $3.97 for shipping and of course youll need a brush if you dont have one

I was doing a similar regimen to you a few months ago (ziana generic equivalents, 2.5% BP, occasional jojoba, and gentle facewash) and I really didn't find the Cerave moisturizer to do the job. The Cerave facewash seems great for skin dried out by acne topicals though.

I use a moisturizer with an aha (lac-hydrin fiive) and don't use any exfoliating scrub, which seems to just irritate my skin. It seems to keep my skin more smooth & hydrated anyway. Over exfoliating can make things worse.

I also notice you moisture "as needed". Sometimes those of use with acne seriously underestimate how much moisture our skin needs. If you "need" it, then your skin is probably already dry. Try moisturizing twice a day and really layering it on thick at night.

Like I said, I was doing a similar regimen for awhile, which kept my skin clear, and I was using mineral makeup with no problem.

I was doing a similar regimen to you a few months ago (ziana generic equivalents, 2.5% BP, occasional jojoba, and gentle facewash) and I really didn't find the Cerave moisturizer to do the job. The Cerave facewash seems great for skin dried out by acne topicals though.

I use a moisturizer with an aha (lac-hydrin fiive) and don't use any exfoliating scrub, which seems to just irritate my skin. It seems to keep my skin more smooth & hydrated anyway. Over exfoliating can make things worse.

I also notice you moisture "as needed". Sometimes those of use with acne seriously underestimate how much moisture our skin needs. If you "need" it, then your skin is probably already dry. Try moisturizing twice a day and really layering it on thick at night.

Like I said, I was doing a similar regimen for awhile, which kept my skin clear, and I was using mineral makeup with no problem.

LacHydrin Five burned my face as many products seem to do to my sensitive skin

LacHydrin Five burned my face as many products seem to do to my sensitive skin

Most lotions with AHA will sting quite a bit at first. Your skin adjusts to it in time. Some people may be too sensitive to use AHAs though. My skin is somewhat sensitive and I don't have a problem using it, nor do many people.

thanks for all the great advice!! Molly, I will definitely give that makeup some thought.

I only moisturize my cheeks and my neck because they seem to be the only thing that gets dry. Also the neobenz causes my face to get really shiny in the day time so putting moistuizer on it just makes it feel sooo oily and disgusting.

what kind of skin do you have Siouxsie? My cheeks seem to be very sensitive while my forehead can tolerate more products. My forehead also doesn't get dry or flaky. I am nervous to put in another product to my regimen.

also, i bascially have 0 inflammed spots, only bumpy comedones that are so hard to budge without manual extraction. Would that lotion you use help with this? Again, I am concerned with my sensitive cheeks.

Try Everyday Minerals samples in the Original Glow Formula. Its an on line site. You get three foundation samples, a concealerl and a blush. All you have to pay for is $3.97 for shipping and of course youll need a brush if you dont have one

If you want my opinion, everyday minerals is great! (i use it every day) but even with the original glo formula it will probaly accentuate any flakiness or dry patches. I don't care what kind of mineral or powder makeup is out there, they all can accentuate dryness at one time or another which I hate. However, if you use a good moisturizer and be sure to exfoliate, everyday minerals looks flawless on. but, just saying ;)

i really want to moisturize but haven't found one that doesnt make me greasy yet even the CeraVe makes me look greasy, and I don't even think I have oily skin.