Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LkyCharm

I hate this...makes me feel like disgusting

I haven't grown out of this stage of acne, i'm 24 freakin yrs old. last yr my face looked great due to pregnancy & hormone changes. lately i have these purple raised spots on my face & they hurt. my mom had bad acne but when she was my age she had outgrown it...same thing with my oldest brother no one else in my family has acne anymore...why the crap do i still have it. i'm depressed all the time because of my face...my husand tells me i'm beautiful but i don't see how he can look at me & not feel like i do when i look in a mirror. i'm ashamed to go places, even work i've gotten to where i keep my head down & that sucks because i'm in a position of athority. i found a message borad about using head & shoulders on the face & body, and i'm so desperate i'm trying it. now i don't know much about acne i have never really done research like i'm doing know. i don't know how long i'm supposed to use a product before i start seeing results, i don't know anything & that is probably the worst thing for me is i just don't know about what is going on with my face. i'm scared i'm never gonna grow out of this & my children are gonna be ashamed to go places with me because i'm not the pretty mom. heck i don't know (personally) anyone with acne as bad as me. all my friends have clear complexions & make big deals about a small tiny zit that appears once every 3 months...when they say that i'm like hello lil more consideration i have to deal with this on a daily basis since i was like 13 or 14. When money gets better i'm gonna try the stuff on the site if i don't find something that works before then. i've even tried proactiv & it worked for awhile but i got low on money & had to stop buying it & BAM it came back worse. i'm sorry for this being really long but i can't talk about this with anyone else. :'(

oops I DID'T MEAN TO POST 2 SEPERATE TOPICS ABOUT SAME THING....stupid computers i didn't think yesterday's posted.

:( Im sorry! We are the same age and I have acne still. My mom never really had acne. She had it one year of her life when she was twenty eight. Her sister had given her this Victorias Secret cleanser full of fragrance and it broke her out nonstop for a year. Her skin is flawless. My dad had teenage acne but I think he outgrew it at an early age. Im sorry youre feeling bumbed. I know exactly what that is like. Today Im not wearing make up because its so hot I dont want it melting off my face. I am worried people at work will judge me and make comments. You are not alone in this. Hopefully, it will ge better. People dont usually have acne past thirty my derm told me

Some health insurances cover 100% of dermatologist appointments and/or prescriptions. Look into that.

i have insurance but i'm not sure what it covers its thru a temp agency that i'm working for right now but soon my husbands insurance should be kicking in & its good insurance so i'm waiting till i get my new insurance card through his insurance.

I'm so sorry you feel like this Lky :[

I've been depressed almost every single day of my life, for the past 2 years. That's awesome that you're married! I'm 18 now, almost 19, and I haven't kised a girl in almost two years. I'm scared to talk to girls now, because I'm scared to start a relationship when I feel good about my face and then out of nowhere have problems again. I wonder what my TRIPLET brother thinks, who I'm around almost 24/7. He knows I used to get girls, I just don't know what to do either. I try things, they work, and then boom, back to feeling like crap cause something else went wrong. I'm just really scared that if I get rid of these problems now, that one day when I'm older they might return. If you need someone to talk to, I'm here...cause I know I do. >_<

Yes... acne sucks. But all we can do is try one thing after another until we find something that works for each of us.

First step - go to the dermatologist.

Also, you should know that it may get worse before it gets better. My acne is driving me crazy right now too. It's awful. The only thing that's made me clear in the last 10 or so years is accutane but the effects of that even go away. Unfortunately my derm at that time didn't put me on any maintenance therapy. I may be going back on this soon because my current derm doesn't think anything else will work.

I don't know how bad yours is but you'll find a lot of people on this forum that have gotten completely clear from accutane. However, I'm not advocating that everybody just go get accutane - it depends on how bad yours is. A lot of people have cleared up on other medications... talk to a dermatologist. Don't waste your time dumping money into bogus home remedies...

I hope you get better soon... as I hope everybody on here gets better soon.

I haven't grown out of this stage of acne, i'm 24 freakin yrs old. last yr my face looked great due to pregnancy & hormone changes. lately i have these purple raised spots on my face & they hurt. my mom had bad acne but when she was my age she had outgrown it...same thing with my oldest brother no one else in my family has acne anymore...why the crap do i still have it. i'm depressed all the time because of my face...my husand tells me i'm beautiful but i don't see how he can look at me & not feel like i do when i look in a mirror. i'm ashamed to go places, even work i've gotten to where i keep my head down & that sucks because i'm in a position of athority. i found a message borad about using head & shoulders on the face & body, and i'm so desperate i'm trying it. now i don't know much about acne i have never really done research like i'm doing know. i don't know how long i'm supposed to use a product before i start seeing results, i don't know anything & that is probably the worst thing for me is i just don't know about what is going on with my face. i'm scared i'm never gonna grow out of this & my children are gonna be ashamed to go places with me because i'm not the pretty mom. heck i don't know (personally) anyone with acne as bad as me. all my friends have clear complexions & make big deals about a small tiny zit that appears once every 3 months...when they say that i'm like hello lil more consideration i have to deal with this on a daily basis since i was like 13 or 14. When money gets better i'm gonna try the stuff on the site if i don't find something that works before then. i've even tried proactiv & it worked for awhile but i got low on money & had to stop buying it & BAM it came back worse. i'm sorry for this being really long but i can't talk about this with anyone else. :'(

I can completely understand what you are going through. I am now 30 and still struggling with my skin. The only thing that has ever helped with my acne is birth control pills. You might consider getting on them.

my husand tells me i'm beautiful but i don't see how he can look at me & not feel like i do when i look in a mirror.

Because, 1) Men don't see details like we do. And 2) No one looks at your skin as close you do. And no one thinks it's as bad as you do. I know whenever I've said anything about scars, people always respond with 'you have acne scars? Where?' Depression is much more unattractive than acne.

BTW, I had acne until I was forty. Severe cystic acne until around 25 when I discovered it was an allergic reaction. See my sig for what worked for me.

All I can recommend is to go on paleo diet, try it for two weeks, see if it helps. It is helping me a lot.

NO DAIRY

NO GRAIN/CEREALS

NO SWEATS

Try it for two weeks.