Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Well my cousin works at MAC and she has to wear the stuff every single day to work, and her skin is clear, pimple from time to time but alot better than my skin. Its also the makeup i use because i get discounts on it and plus its just amazing makeup the coverage is great

Ive been told that MAC is very heavy for someone with acne prone skin ( this lady at sephora told me this also) but i really cant tell if its my MAC makeup that is causing pimples and breakouts.

Has anyone noticed MAC causing them to breakout?

WHat makeup do you use now that works for you?

Anyone like MAC and uses it also? :shifty:

I use MAC make up sometimes. Its only been a couple of weeks but so far I like it. It hasnt caused me any breakouts. On the otherhand, I am on both septra and benzoyl peroxide which prevents breakouts

I use EM and am perfectly happy with it, but I've been thinking that I'm going to need some kind of stage makeup for when I start performing and MAC seems to be the best for that. I'd have to go get color matched at a counter, and it's expensive makeup that I'd only be using now and then, and there are the concerns regarding breakouts, which is keeping me from just going right out and doing it.

So far, from the research I've done and the opinions I've heard from lots of ladies (and men), it seems like a 50/50 chance of working out and not working out. :shrug: I may end up just using EM as my stage makeup.

It doesn't break me out, but I don't use it often only for special occasions since it's a bit heavy for me for everyday use.

MAC is notorious for rumours regarding breakouts. Honestly, if the right products are used, breakouts should not be a problem. I've used MAC since I was fifteen, and I swear by it. The products I first used from MAC, however, were very heavy for my skin. I alternated between the Studio Fix Fluid foundation and Studio Tech foundation every day, and I also piled on concealer and powder. That combination turned out to be wayyyy too heavy for my skin. I was young and learned quickly; since then I've been applying the Studio Fix Powder Foundation very lightly with the MAC 187 brush. Works a treat! :D

So the moral of the story is: if you don't buy MAC products that are too heavy for your skin type, you should be fine. :dance:

MAC just does wonders. its the best out there

i could not live without my studio fix powder

Ohmygosh, you have no idea! :lol: Since it's summer I haven't been wearing makeup much, but I don't think I could ever fully say goodbye to my Studio Fix. (Just a little obsessed. :shifty: )

Just make sure you wash those brushes! I don't believe there's anything that could cause a breakout faster than dirty makeup brushes. Bacteria, oil, dirt - blech! :sick:

lots of pple rave about it, but studio fix powder broke me out. :( and it's wayyy too much coverage for me. i've stayed away from their foundation and powder products ever since.

well i've been using MAC on & off for about 3 years now and as far as breakouts go...i think it really just depends. If you're using it properly and washing it COMPLETELY off your skin then you shouldn't have a problem. When i used to use cheap crap from like Target it broke me out way more than MAC ever did.

The Mineralize Skin Finish from the Flashtronic collection (I think it was) broke me out every single spot I applied it; every single time and I applied it many times just to make sure. I have not tried another MAC product since. Frankly, it's overpriced and over hyped. The owners of the company are making out like bandits.

The PF Shimmer strips are far better than the MAC Skin Finish in Gold Spill (the color I got).

Mac actually broke me out. Plus it was too heavy on my skin. I tried mineral powers which worked okay and now I used Chanel which surprisingly doesnt break me out. I guess it's just skin chemistry or something

I like MAC and so far it hasn't broken me out. I especially love their paintpots, its the only thing that works for my oily lids and I use the skintone colour one as a base for my other eyeshadows. I also love the blot powder a lot after recommendations from people from this site. With that I only need to touch up my makeup once or twice a day as compared to many times since my skin is very oily. These are the stuff I used and so far I am pleased with their products.

MAC makeup eats my skin. I used to use it a lot because of the great coverage, but noticed it looks major cakey during hot summer days. I went to this all day event and my face started to melt, I tried to blot it in the bathroom which helped somewhat but I was so afraid my entire mask would disappear. I left earlier than planned. I also notice more breakouts when I wear it...I think everyone responds differently to the chemicals used in these products.

I love mineral makeup.

MAC is notorious for rumours regarding breakouts. Honestly, if the right products are used, breakouts should not be a problem. I've used MAC since I was fifteen, and I swear by it. The products I first used from MAC, however, were very heavy for my skin. I alternated between the Studio Fix Fluid foundation and Studio Tech foundation every day, and I also piled on concealer and powder. That combination turned out to be wayyyy too heavy for my skin. I was young and learned quickly; since then I've been applying the Studio Fix Powder Foundation very lightly with the MAC 187 brush. Works a treat! :D

So the moral of the story is: if you don't buy MAC products that are too heavy for your skin type, you should be fine. :dance:

I wouldn't make a blanket assumption about using MAC products that arent too heavy for your skin. I also used Studio Fix Powder Foundation and applied it with my 187.. for 4 long years, and it was horrible for my skin.

It really just depends on your skin, some people can wear MAC and others can't... it's trial and error.

Well my cousin works at MAC and she has to wear the stuff every single day to work, and her skin is clear, pimple from time to time but alot better than my skin. Its also the makeup i use because i get discounts on it and plus its just amazing makeup the coverage is great

Ive been told that MAC is very heavy for someone with acne prone skin ( this lady at sephora told me this also) but i really cant tell if its my MAC makeup that is causing pimples and breakouts.

Looking at MAC website now.. I had my suspicions of MAC causing breakouts but I've always wanted to use it because it really does look good on people.... There's Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15 which is an oil free liquid foundation and Studio Finish SPF 35 concealer which says its non-acnegenic... sounds reasonably safe to me :)

I have to say that I adore MAC :wub: I use the Studio Fix Fluid, Moisture Concealer and Blot Powder pretty much every day and it has never ever caused me any problems. In fact my skin seems to have improved greatly since I switched from Dior to MAC. However my skin is a lot better than it was 3-4 years ago (Due to BC, horomones, better diet, better skin routine as well.)

Although my mother who has similar skin type as me recently bought the Mineralized Skin Satin Finish foundation and I think it is it the cause of her recent breakouts.

I'd say it's worth a shot to get a sample of their foundations and give it a go.

i heard since mac is stage makeup they add alot of cheap fillers and chemicals and such and that prolonged use of it will turn your skin grey? is this true? i so wanna try the studio fix one cuz of all the rage reveiws

in my opinion, all make-up is a toss up. what works for one may not work for another.

i love studio fix fluid, although i was very apprehensive at first. i used to use mac when i first started breaking out like 8 years ago, and remember my acne being aggrivated after using studio tech, but at the time, i had no idea how to care for my skin, so i'm sure it was due to a number of different factors. a year ago, i was in a wedding and all of us had out make-up done by mac. i told the artist my fears, and she recommended that i use cleanse off oil at the end of the day. i haven't strayed since.

I've been wearing foundation for years(with a zit here and there), and when I started using MAC studio fix powder(2-3 months of use), I had the worst break out of my life. Clogged pores, inflamed acne, ugh I was so depressed...I had to see a dermatologist and they put me on some meds and gave me topical stuff. It may be the makeup that is causing your acne. It was in my case :doh:

i used studio fix fluid in NW 20 then switched to NW 15 and its still to dark/orange for me so I just switched to Revlon Colorstay in Ivory and have been using it for a week.. no breakouts caused by either. It all just depends on your skin.