Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mnbv5

Accutane redness, what to do?

I'm a guy and I have redness due to accutane. Also I'm on my 4th month of it. The *only* problem for my skin is fairly bad (noticable) redness. Is there any way I could reduce the redness and not apper oily (as some make ups do). I would like to keep the cost under $25-30 if possible.

Thanks.

Is your whole face red or just red marks?

Aloe Vera, about $3. Clean and Clear has a blue powder that helps hide the red, about $5. if it feels like it burns, try applying milk with a gauze for at least 15 minutes. whole milk preferably.

I use aloe vera to treat my red spots. I really am not experiencing a whole lot of redness from the accutane. I only really notice it for about an hour after I wash my face.

I use Bare Minerals (by Bare Escentuals) Foundation on my face. I don't normally like to wear foundations or cosemetics b/c I hate to see the makeup. I love the BE b/c I don't look like I have any makeup on. It just looks like natural skin that is smooth. Of course, I have to make sure I put on moisturizer first. Otherwise the BE doesn't blend well. Oh, and i have been using it for 2 months now. I have not had any increased break outs. My derm suggested I try this line.

Here is a link to to the BE site www.bareminerals.com

I wouldnt consider make-up to disguise redness, It will most likely irriate your skin.

I'd surgest re-thinking the products your using maybe? ... My face was even sensitive to fash wash's when i was on that. I found out through trial and error what worked best for me.

In the end i was washing with just water, And applying "simple" moisturiser... And still am now.

Just keep as simple as poss if i were, Less you put on the calmer it will be. Should notice the redness fade.

G'luck