Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Flaco Mike

Quick question about moisturizer

My skin almost NEVER dries out..... even if I layer tons of 10% benzo on. So my question is, do I still need to use the moisturizer even if my skin never dries up?

I guess that's part of my problem that my skin is so oily.

Thanks

P.S. oh and I haven't been putting benzo on consistently...just on and off for a few weeks. I'm trying to get focused now!! Maybe it hasn't been drying out because I haven't used enough yet :\

Yeah, I wouldn't write off moisturizer so quickly, as you haven't been using BP consistently. The dryness accumulates after several days of using lots of BP twice a day over large portions of your face. In the event that dryness turns out not to be an issue for you even when you do use large amounts of BP regularly, I think it's still a good idea to moisturize every other night or so. BP dehydrates your skin, and while you might have the good fortune for it not to look dehydrated, it still will be on the cellular level. Dehydrated skin is more susceptible to damage, which is not good.

Also, you should be using some form of sun protection during the day, especially if you use BP or alpha hydroxy acids. The moisturizingness from a sunblock might be enough for you so that you don't have to worry about it.

Hi,

I thought the same as you did. Wanted to skip the moisture-part, as the oil would still appear after a few hours.

I didnt feel good after some consistent use of BP without moisture, even if I m having oily skin Later. Perhaps its my skin sensitivity. Just like it felt thirsty.

If you are going to use bp regularly, you should need one. I think.

Good Luck.