Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sid99

skin more oily today, why?

Today marks my first week on accutane at 40mg. Over the days my skin has been getting less oily with my lips becoming alot more dry.

However today it seems my skin is a little oilier then the last few days. Why is this and will my skin get dryer over time?

Your oil production is about to cease as you know it. The very oily stage is a good sign. Give it a couple more days and BAM!...you'll be very surprised. :)

I would have thought being a week in I would be dry by now. Then again my skin was quite oiy to begin with, im just getting a little discouraged especially with the breakouts im having :(

urgh i no how u feel! im 11 days in and have had he most severe breakout ive ever had.

cysts everywhere... hope we both clear eventually. good luck

One thing I try to tell people is to stay positive, I know it is hard but you have to think about it like this, you have bad skin but you are doing something about it....ACCUTANE, and before you know it your skin is going to be clear. Stressing out breaks your skin out, if all you are thinking about is your skin and how bad it looks then yes it is going to look bad. Believe me your skin is going to dry out in no time, then you will be wishing you had some oil. Be patient my friend accutane takes time. You will be less oily soon. KEEP YOUR HEAD UP BUTTERCUP!

yes guys your right today my skin is slightly more dry. Im only on day 8 and some of my breakouts seem to be calming. Im just gonna distract myself for a month playing mgs4 online, watching euro 2008 and revising for some exams so should be no problem.

I am positive that this drug will do wonders and the side effects so far are minimial, except a few minor headaches in the beginning which are now gone!

Thanks guys and sammy lets not be discouraged this really is temporary whether 1 week or 4 months it will go! I've read shed loads of reviews and by my calculations almost everyone has benefitted from it including those with horrifically severe acne!

Good luck and keep me updated!