Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sid99

An AMAZING Idea for those who feel hopeless!

I just read the post by MellowFellow and I realise some people are mentally in some terrible shit. In plain and simple terms going through severe depression.

Here's my idea:

If your in that boat you've probably heard everything from everyone and now its clear you need to go out and enjoy yourself and live life! Easier said then done, I know. So why don't you be the first person to write a journal of your life and post it up here on this forum? Just like people have writte journals on the experience on accutane, or tazorac etc. Do it weekly like week 1 or day 1 ---> "Went out today and got a coffee from my local starbucks", and so on and so forth.

Go ahead do that and I bet people will be much more inspired by it!

Keep doing it tell us everything including your potential rejections or successes. What you did today. If you cried or made some one laugh. Who cares whatever it is atleast that way you wont feel alone in this and you can inspire others in a similar position. I bet you you will have an amazing adventure whilst doing it!

I think people should start creating logs about how they fought this terrible disease of depression and not just ones for experiences on a particular drug. This way you will not only help yourself but others as well!

Be BRAVE and go DO IT!

Good idea, I think i'll do it. I already have a sort of small journal at home, but I love to type, so why not.

This is a great idea. I'd also suggest some kind of weekly challenge thread, where you have to try something new each week. I read a book called "The Artist's Way" which, while it was awfully religious and stupid in many ways, had a lot of really inspiring suggestions in it. You can check it out from your library if you're interested.

Examples: Don't watch TV for a week. Smile at at 5 random strangers in one day. Play air guitar to your favorite song. Make a list of 10 things you've always dreamed about doing, then pick one and do it.

Well im glad people think this is a good suggestion. To answer your question Kohkane why not just do it in this section. Maybe title "Kohkane's Journal of the Amazing Transformation from Zero to Hero!"

I dunno about other but I sure will follow it and keep you encouraged!

Have a think about it guys I think its a good idea, I just wanna help people who are feeling down as I think im in an excellent position to help others as I feel im a very confident person and have lived a good life but then when I suffered acne last 6 months I've also witnessed the bad and depressing sides of life! I'm sure I can try and give good advice and encouragement!

Yes, I do find it very inspiring to read about people who go out to Starbucks.

Someeone should write a book about a miserable person who has become a recluse beacause of their acne, and then they find inspiration and hope in a Starbucks Cafe Frappacino...and a cookie, throw it in, why not.

and they could call this book, "From Acne to Acme."

And people would flock to buy it. Parents would take their children to Starbucks and say, "This is where it happened." Eventually, to protect Starbucks from the crowds who come to see the actual place that brought inspiration for a young acne-riddled teen, it would have to become part of the National Trust, like the Giant's Causeway.

This was just and idea and Starbucks clearly an example! I guess you could do it that way breakoutbabe