Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mara89

People with olive skin

Can you upload a pic of your skin??

I'm pretty sure I've been wrong all my life and my skin tone isn't really neutral, but olive... :doubt:

please? :wub:

Here you go.

I have pretty fair olive skin, but this pic makes me look darker.

A good way to judge if you have olive skin:

Look at the veins on the underside of your wrist. Do they have a greenish tint to them? If so, you're probably olive. (Blue veins + yellowish skin = green veins)

Also, colors that will looks good on you probably include a lot of earth tones.

Does makeup regularly look too pink or orangey on you?

If so, you might be an olive!

Here you go.

Look at the veins on the underside of your wrist. Do they have a greenish tint to them? If so, you're probably olive. (Blue veins + yellowish skin = green veins)

By all that, I'm olive toned, but unfortunately the EM light olive is still a teeny tiny bit too dark. Just enough for me to notice it and be bothered by it. I wish there was a way to just add some white to it. I tried mixing it with my Fair Neutral, but it didn't really work.

However, thankfully the Fair Neutral works great for me. I believe I'm actually olive skinned, but I can pull off neutrals. I'm actually surprised the Ivory Pressed Powder matches so well, too.

Also: Honey, you're gorgeous!

Here you go.

By all that, I'm olive toned, but unfortunately the EM light olive is still a teeny tiny bit too dark. Just enough for me to notice it and be bothered by it. I wish there was a way to just add some white to it. I tried mixing it with my Fair Neutral, but it didn't really work.

However, thankfully the Fair Neutral works great for me. I believe I'm actually olive skinned, but I can pull off neutrals. I'm actually surprised the Ivory Pressed Powder matches so well, too.

Have you tried Olive Fair, or mixing the two? I'm actually somewhere between OF and LO, but as we're going into summer I'm probably going to be getting tanner, so I'll get more towards LO.

I really want to get the Fair Olive pressed foundation....I really love the smoothness of the pressed blush I have...so I'm sure the pressed foundation would be good too. How do you find it is with oil? I have pretty oily skin...

Also: Thanks!

I have olive skin.

Here you go.

Yes, I'm olive. I wear olive fair in EM. In other makeup brands I often wear neutral colors when there are no specific olive shades. I look greenish next to most people, so I've just always known I am olive.

This photo shows my skin tone pretty well, and this one.

I have olive skin.

Here you go.

:cool2::gimme: Hey pretty lady...

Stay away, Jersey.

;)

That's like, the dorkiest picture of me EVER. I was going to put a disclaimer on it before posting it. Warning: Contains smirk!

Here you go.

Have you tried Olive Fair, or mixing the two? I'm actually somewhere between OF and LO, but as we're going into summer I'm probably going to be getting tanner, so I'll get more towards LO.

I really want to get the Fair Olive pressed foundation....I really love the smoothness of the pressed blush I have...so I'm sure the pressed foundation would be good too. How do you find it is with oil? I have pretty oily skin...

Also: Thanks!

Oh man, I totally meant Olive Fair. :doh: Yeah, Olive Fair is the one that's a teeny tiny bit too light and I tried mixing with Fair Neutral.

I don't notice any difference at all with the Pressed Powder as far as oil goes (I have crazy oily skin too.) Feels just like Intensive to me. Just don't drop it. >.> It's quite delicate. :( *had to buy a new one*

Stay away, Jersey.

;)

That's like, the dorkiest picture of me EVER. I was going to put a disclaimer on it before posting it. Warning: Contains smirk!

:banana::wiggle::nag::shrug:

Thanks for the replies! my skin is a bit more darker but still seems kinda olive-ish to me..

May I ask which drugstore make-up you guys have used?? Since I can't use any mineral brand :confused:

Please make more threads like these, you know, the kind with pics. Anyone else have any other problems lol? Horray for acne.org girls :wiggle:

I think the best way to tell is by determining what solid colors look good on you...and not just good but make your skin tone look even better! I think a problem with a lot of the lists out there are that they're really subjective. For example, I am 100% olive-skin-toned, I was born very dark and for some reason have gotten lighter...but I have olive skin, nonetheless, my veins appear blue on the underside of my forearm. This isn't cause I have cool skin but because my veins are closer to the surface, I have fair skin and veins are a bluish-purple. Also, a lot of people say silver and gold look good on them but most people who don't have an eye for color...the majority of people :confused: would say this (no offense). More people are either-or rahter than neutral. So, if you've ever worn olive green, or any earthy green, rust orange, warm browns (there are indeed different tones of brown!) and people give you more compliments than usual then you're probably an olive person!

Here's an interesting article

http://www.thefitmap.co.uk/beauty/cosmetics/skin/olive.htm

....freakin large pores

I think the best way to tell is by determining what solid colors look good on you...and not just good but make your skin tone look even better! I think a problem with a lot of the lists out there are that they're really subjective. For example, I am 100% olive-skin-toned, I was born very dark and for some reason have gotten lighter...but I have olive skin, nonetheless, my veins appear blue on the underside of my forearm. This isn't cause I have cool skin but because my veins are closer to the surface, I have fair skin and veins are a bluish-purple. Also, a lot of people say silver and gold look good on them but most people who don't have an eye for color...the majority of people :confused: would say this (no offense). More people are either-or rahter than neutral. So, if you've ever worn olive green, or any earthy green, rust orange, warm browns (there are indeed different tones of brown!) and people give you more compliments than usual then you're probably an olive person!

Here's an interesting article

http://www.thefitmap.co.uk/beauty/cosmetics/skin/olive.htm

....freakin large pores

Agreed.

My favorite color is burnt orange, and I've had friends say, "You look so good in orange. Nobody should look good in orange. What the hell??"

And damn. That article described me and my mom to a T.

She's gettin' a little jowly at the age of 58, has large pores, but hardly ANY wrinkles. Just a few tiny ones around her eyes, and in the nasolabial fold. Most people are shocked to find out how old she is. They always guess she's in her 40s.

Question:

Will any of this makeup work for someone who has oily skin? http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000N2JK6K

Also what moisturizers and cleansers do you guys recommend?

headtrip_honey I noticed in your sig you use aquaphor? That seems a bit thick, how does it work for you?

My skin is so oily.

I would feel uncomfortable saying it would or wouldn't work for someone with oily skin because everyone here breaks out from different products while others have no problems. I think you just have to experiment and figure out what works best for you. You can go to makeupalley.com and see how others with your skin type like it (or not) though.

Personally, I use Purpose cleanser to wash off makeup and then Dermae problem skin cleanser and I moisturize with Aveeno Ultra Calm in the morning and LacHydrin 5 at night. I think what helps me most though is B.C...

LacHydrin 5, sounds a bit harsh on the face with all that ammonium.

You would think so but it's great. It's like an AHA (it's not though) in that it helps with flakiness but it's a lot more gentle and it's also really light and a little goes a long way

Question:

Will any of this makeup work for someone who has oily skin? http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000N2JK6K

Also what moisturizers and cleansers do you guys recommend?

headtrip_honey I noticed in your sig you use aquaphor? That seems a bit thick, how does it work for you?

My skin is so oily.

I ONLY use it at night, and yes, it is thick, but I battle with flaky skin because of the topicals I have to use, and this is the only thing I've found that works.

I also have oily skin, so during the day I just use a little jojoba oil.

I have olive skin. I use EM in the Olive Medium... I have noticed that when I get a bit heavy handed I tend to look greener. I've tried every possible store brand, even Mary Kay and Avon and everything is pink or yellow.

Since I found the cause of my breakouts, I don't have to put it on as heavy anymore.

For washing i use

Cetaphil once a day in the morning

Neutrogena Oil Free Sensitive Skin Moisture or the Healthy Skin (depends on which I grab)

I take my make up off with a warm wet washcloth