Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
XxGhoulxX

Vitamin B5 + Botchla's Regimen Aren't Working, Help!

Hello, I've been taking vitmin b5 and doing botchla's regimen religiously for 2 months.

My brand of b5 is Twinlab 500mg 100 capsules for $13

I also take a twinlab multivitamin once daily, as well as a b-complex vitamin once daily.

Botchla's Regimin consists of Clean and Clear Continuous Control Acne Cleanser and Clean and Clear Blackhead Clearing Scrub

Background:

I'm 15, 5'8, 125 lbs, Male

I had been using proactive while I was in Junior High for 3 years and it seemed to work well enough, I had maybe 1 or 2 zits at a time. I used to hate it so much, but now I'm in High School and thats nothing compared to what I have now.

I stopped using proactive a few months ago when it just seemed to stop working. My face and neck progressively got worse and worse, they were getting very dried out. So I decided to look up some info on the net. Thats when I found this site.

People said they had good results using vitamin b5 and doing Botchla's regimen. I went out and bought all of the suggested items

I've been taking vitamin b5 and doing Botchla's Regimen for 2 months, the first 2 weeks I was taking 3 grams per day. The first week I noticed slight improvement, and after that it's gotten worse. I kept getting whiteheads all over my face, including my forehead, neck, cheeks, chin, and jawline. I don't have much on my back or chest. I upped my dose to 5 grams a day, then 7 grams, and now I've been on 10 grams for a month.

After 2 months of doing both botchla's regimen, and vitamin b5, I have decided that I'm either doing something wrong, or it just isnt working. I'm not sure I can say I look worse than when I started, but I dont look any better. I have red marks from all the whiteheads I had gotten earlier and my face generally looks like crap.

I would classify my acne as moderate; I dont have a ton of active acne, but I have a lot of red marks. Its definately not severe enough for me to go on accutane, and I've heard a lot of bad side effects of that drug and I'd rather avoid that if possible.

What do you guys suggest I do now? Should I continue doing vitmain b5 and stop doing botchla's regimen? Should I continue to do both? Should I keep using b5 and do something else besides Botchla's regimen? Any suggestions are welcome.

I plan on buying a digital camera so I can post some pictures up here to show everbody what I'm talking about.

thats VERY interesting, i was having the exact same problem, botchlas alone sort of worked but not very well, B5 made me look good for a few days, but together my face just looked horrible.

im pretty sure it has something to do with botchlas being way to irritating for most people's faces while on B5. the B5 reduces oil like crazy and your grinding your face with irritating cleansers without any protection, like oil. that cant be any good, i noticed improvement the day after i quit botchla's, but be warned. it is said that once youve been on BP/SA for awhile, your face eneds time to readjust, and that period after can be frighteningly awful as im finding out.

Hello!

It sounds like you need a more persistant regimen than Botchla's and something else to sort out those red marks. Have a look at mine and see what you think:

MORNING

1) Wash with C and C Blackhead Clearing Scrub

2) Apply Quinoderm BP 10%

EVENING

1) Wash with C and C Blackhead Clearing Scrub

2) Apply malt vinegar and leave to dry

3) Apply Quinoderm BP 10%

You get the combined qualities of vinegar and the salicylic acid in the scrub to get rid of blackheads and red marks (which will help you). And the BP prevents getting any new active acne. It sounds like your regimen is drying your skin too, so I'd perhaps introduce a moisturiser if you don't do anything else. Let me know what you think or PM me if you'd like any further help.

i think your wrong mr keys biggrin.gif

i believe the combination of B5+botchla's is extremely irritating, maybe not drying, but irritating for some people, me and ghoul included.

your regimen would literally just make it alot worse lol

I quit blotcha's regimen yestarday and I'll just see if the b5 alone will help.

I DEFINATELY have more red marks than when I started this whole thing, but I have less active acne. I'm not sure which of the 2 evil's is better...

O well, they aren't deep scars, just red marks... so I guess they'll fade in time.

shag - do you think you have more red marks now as well? I'd say right now I have around 30 red marks all over my face and neck, and 4 small active zits.

Anybody have any recommendations of non-irritating substances that are good for fading out red marks?

ummm, no because i had pretty bad acne, so i still have alot of active acne still, but i think since i stopped botchla's im less red... =/

im on the b5 and i used papaya soap for 2 days and my red marks spread all over my whole face! but 2 days later it seems to be fading and the red marks from before seem to have faded a little,ill wait to see if this redness disapears and then ill use the papaya soap again and see how it go's.I reckon it must be something to do with the b5 making my skin more sensitive because of less oil production.