Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
horcrux

18 with acne/pimples

So i just turned 18, in may, and still get peskey pimples all over my body, especially my face (obviously), but also my shoulders, neck, ARMS, and BUTTOCKS. I heard that eventually you grow out of acne/pimples. is this True or will i have pimples the rest of my life. I do not think that it is from being dirty, as i am anal about staying clean, but i dont know what could cause this so late in my teenage years. Am i just overly paranoid or is this somthing i should get checked out? Is there an age where you can grow out of pimples/acne? Thanks for any help you can give!

--concerned in WASHINGTON STATE :cry:

Hi and welcome!

You are definitely not alone. Body acne usually affects older people than facial acne. Can you take a picture, and then we can think of possible treatments for you:)

hi, thanks. no pics, too selfcontious. what regiment, if any do you follow to help your acne?

You should really post a picture. Because when you get "acne" on you buttocks, arms and neck/shoulders it often looks like acne, but is some kind of folliculites, keratosis pilaris etc.

Im 20 years and still have it, probably will all my life.

It runs in my family it seems. My sister is 35 years old and still has it.

Unfortunately it is not as simple as Puberty for everyone :)

Yes, i agree with the above. get treatment for it, there is nothing to lose of it. Is is better than just letting acne damage your face, etc. better to catch it early rather than later.

Cool to see a Washingtonian here BTW, I was one for about a year, but moved back to California :) I miss it though.

Also, since no one really answered you question about what regimin, well, I would suggest the regimen here of course!

I have used it for 1.5 years, and it is great.

So i just turned 18, in may, and still get peskey pimples all over my body, especially my face (obviously), but also my shoulders, neck, ARMS, and BUTTOCKS. I heard that eventually you grow out of acne/pimples. is this True or will i have pimples the rest of my life. I do not think that it is from being dirty, as i am anal about staying clean, but i dont know what could cause this so late in my teenage years. Am i just overly paranoid or is this somthing i should get checked out? Is there an age where you can grow out of pimples/acne? Thanks for any help you can give!

--concerned in WASHINGTON STATE :cry:

No, that isnt weird! Some people develop acne in their adulthood. I developed mine when I was twelve or thirteen. Im 24 now and I still have acne. There is no specific age when people outgrow their acne. It varies from person to person.

If you got it when you were 15 ish onwards you probably wont be 100% clear until your 25, but it should calm down considerably at 18. If you've only just started getting it at 18 then yeah you might be prone to have it most of your life, but its all treatable