Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I dont give a fuck anymore about this God shit. You wouldn't believe it, but 3 short years ago I was a strongly devoted Christian. I was part of a Christian band that actually began to take off with a couple of c.d's and everything. Then acne came along and fucked everything up. I honestly cant say that I believe in God anymore. Not just because of acne, but acne certainly played a part in my questioning Gods existence.

Every morning I wake up I feel like I have gasoline in my stomach. Then I look in the mirror and it feels like someone lights the gasoline on fire.

I can't stop thinking about it. I try to study and all my mind can concentrate on is how disgusting my fuckin face looks. My doctor's keep prescribing bullshit, like minocycline, tetracycline, differin, bp and gobs of other shit. Try this they say, and I say JUST GIVE ME FUCKING ACCUTANE! But they say, "after this" and "after that." Well I've had enough of the fucking shit. I'm definitely gonna go to another dermatologist.

Anyways ya, if there really is a God (which I can honestly say I don't believe there is) he is one fucked up mother fucker. Fuck!

Oh I totally agree :)

I was baptized Catholic, went to Catholic primary and secondary schools.. but yeah, lost belief before I had this acne issues, but thankyou for giving me another reason to be happy about my atheism :D

I don't know what you're looking for to be honest. It was your belief, not god's. I'm not religious by the way, so this isn't one of those 'don't bash God' rants. I just don't see what sense can be drawn from a pointless statement that pretty much attempts to shift blame onto a non-physical source that was your belief.

Maybe you need to devote more energy to fixing the acne.

Ok i am christian but don't go to church and stuff well im agnostic i believe in a god but im unsure on what to believe first of all blaming God etc isn't going to help also acne isn't always a bad thing it has given me a new outlook on things and made me a better person that im grateful for, besides acne isn't the end of the world mate it could always be worse be grateful for what you have. Peace Shanio out

As they tend to say...

If there's a God and he's able but not willing ... he's not good

If there's a God and he's willing but unable ... he's not God

Think it over man. When you pass someone on the street with a full face of acne, do you doubt the existence of God because of that sight? Or do you just past by casually without second thought? Let me ask you another question. Before you had acne, were you aware of the thousands of starving African children in Africa? Probably yes. Even knowing that, you still remained a Christian.

And now that you have acne, you suddenly start doubting God. You never doubted God even when you knew that africans were starving for food and shelter. You never doubted God when so many other people were suffering painfully in the world. No. You suddenly doubt God's existence because you have acne......

Do you know how ridiculous that sounds? Do you know how petty that appears? Think it over, dude. Put it into perspective. If your faith in God can be destroyed by acne, then that says something about your faith and your Go: He's a useless fuck and such a faith is not worth sustaining. And stop singing those worship songs with empty lyrics that don't support your faith to cope with a treatable disease like acne.

I hope you were offended when I insulted your God because

I'm a Christian.

I dont give a fuck anymore about this God shit. You wouldn't believe it, but 3 short years ago I was a strongly devoted Christian. I was part of a Christian band that actually began to take off with a couple of c.d's and everything. Then acne came along and fucked everything up. I honestly cant say that I believe in God anymore. Not just because of acne, but acne certainly played a part in my questioning Gods existence.

Every morning I wake up I feel like I have gasoline in my stomach. Then I look in the mirror and it feels like someone lights the gasoline on fire.

I can't stop thinking about it. I try to study and all my mind can concentrate on is how disgusting my fuckin face looks. My doctor's keep prescribing bullshit, like minocycline, tetracycline, differin, bp and gobs of other shit. Try this they say, and I say JUST GIVE ME FUCKING ACCUTANE! But they say, "after this" and "after that." Well I've had enough of the fucking shit. I'm definitely gonna go to another dermatologist.

Anyways ya, if there really is a God (which I can honestly say I don't believe there is) he is one fucked up mother fucker. Fuck!

john1234 ..excellent point.

You have free will, free will to get out there and find a new derm..a derm who will actually get you on accutane...now scooot! oh and by the way..I like to question the existence of Hank for my scars. :angry: F*ck you, Hank!!!

I'm a Buddhist but I do believe in a higher power...divine intervention? No. I've had some horrific tragedies in my short life which made me question everything about our existence. I lost my Dad, My Husband (he was 38) and now my mom is terminally ill and has less than 6 months to live. Those are the kind of things that should make you question the Existence of god. But I wouldn't blame acne on God. It seems kind of trivial in my case after all the crap that's happened to me, acne is at the bottom of my list. It's just life and the way in goes. Yes, it sucks. I'm very anti-Christian and in many respect anti-organized religion. Reading the Bible and dressing up on a Sunday morning and then gorging on a Buffet afterward does not make you a better person. I'm in the Bible belt. You can't drive 1/2 mile without being at a Church. These people are mostly hypocrites. If god is an all loving god and Christians are supposed to able love and acceptance...then why the freak are they always trying to convert us? I'm fine the way I am.

check out evilbible.com

It's got tons of arguments and info on contradictions in the bible. As I said, I'm a follower of Buddhist principles (they make more sense for me) but I'm not an atheist. I do question people who use religion to manipulate people. I'm also on the "blacklist" for the Jehovah Witnesses. they don't visit me anymore. Long story but I'm proud of my achievement in getting them off my Doorstep...now on to the Mormons!!

Uh ohs, that is blasphemy my friend.

But in all seriousness....is it just me, or does anyone else notice that there is a small minority of supposed "insert religion here", that, once unfortunate things start happening to them -ie, something doesn't go the way THEY want it to turn out, they blame it on God --because he is the Almighty, and a being that powerful wouldn't let a devout individual (in this case) end up with some red spots on there face.

That's a little bit selfish, don't you think?

ps: I lol'd deep down.

So, before acne, you were a Christian--and you were fine with the Lord killing Egyptian children, telling his prophets to go to war with other cultures, and cursing regions of people with disease--but now you have pimples and all of the sudden He/She is "one fucked up mother fucker" :rolleyes: ? I'm not religious but you have gotto be kidding me.

But in all seriousness, is it just me, or does anyone else notice that once bad things start to happen to someone, things don't go the way THEY want them to, they blame it on God and say he doesn't exist --all because something didn't turn out the way that THEY wanted it to.

I'm very anti-Christian and in many respect anti-organized religion. Reading the Bible and dressing up on a Sunday morning and then gorging on a Buffet afterward does not make you a better person.

/smacks forehead

I'm in the Bible belt. You can't drive 1/2 mile without being at a Church. These people are mostly hypocrites. If god is an all loving god and Christians are supposed to able love and acceptance...then why the freak are they always trying to convert us? I'm fine the way I am.

check out evilbible.com

That made sense.

It's got tons of arguments and info on contradictions in the bible.

No doubt you are referring to the old testament, which does have contradictions, but what piece of literature written and translated 2000 years ago wouldn't? You do realize Buddhist scripture is so old it was written in Sanskrit? How would that make your scripture any better than anyone elses, can you prove that it is true?

I do question people who use religion to manipulate people.

So what you are implying is, not everybody who follows a certain holy text goes to extremes to manipulate, only some "people". There are extremists in every religion.

I dont get this. I was brought up into the catholic reiligion, use to attend mass weekly yrs ago, but I can't even say im religious. religion was more of my culture than belief, I dont really beleive so much in god, I beleive more in destiny and fate, because just notice certain people I know seem to luck out often while the same type of shit seems to happen to me and other people.

But you sounded more into religion than I can say I ever was. And your going to question your fate over some stupid acne? Thats retarded. Chill out. First off, if there is a god, theres an infinite amount of people in this world for him to look afer, so I doubt he would stop and feel sympathy for you and your acne while millions of people are dying everyday and millions of people are being born everyday. Thats just selfish. Second off what I remember learning about in religion is that often times negative things can occur that can cause you to question your faith, and that in turn will tell how devoted you really are to the religion....

And hey I aint even relgiious man and I know that..

C'mon chin up, yeah acne sux, if you wanna complain go ahead, but dont associate it with religion like that.

Ok Ok Ok,

Some of you guys just were not listening. I said "I honestly cant say that I believe in God anymore. Not just because of acne, but acne certainly played a part in my questioning Gods existence."

It wasn't the acne that made me quit believing. It was a number of other things that began the doubt, then acne showed me God from a different perspective. One where I now felt trulysorry for others that suffered. Where I used to hear people being made fun of and I laughed, now I cringed because I knew to some degree how that made them feel. I thought about starving people around the world and thought "shit, if its this bad for me how bad is it for them?"

No, acne didn't make me stop believing. It just showed me a different perspective that I was not able to see before. Now all I can think is the God I used to believe in can't be real, because I believed him to be kind and compassionate for his children.

And for those of you who still believe in God, I honestly envy you. The time that I did believe was probably the best time of my life. I had hope in a God that loved me, and hope in a future after death. Not believing certainly is a lot more dim, but it makes me want to experience life to the fullest, and acne just isn't part of that plan.

No one is going to buy what you just wrote heavenboy. You are cheating yourself.

"Every morning I wake up I feel like I have gasoline in my stomach. Then I look in the mirror and it feels like someone lights the gasoline on fire. I can't stop thinking about it. I try to study and all my mind can concentrate on is how disgusting my fuckin face looks. My doctor's keep prescribing bullshit, like minocycline, tetracycline, differin, bp and gobs of other shit. Try this they say, and I say JUST GIVE ME FUCKING ACCUTANE! But they say, "after this" and "after that." Well I've had enough of the fucking shit. I'm definitely gonna go to another dermatologist.Anyways ya, if there really is a God (which I can honestly say I don't believe there is) he is one fucked up mother fucker. Fuck! "

I'm not trying to be an ass, but I hate to see someone lose perspective like this. Read over your post. Your whole post was rambling about acne and nothing else. Don't talk about "other factors." Just observe the hatred and the anger and absolute frustration in your language when you talk about acne. It's more than obvious that it is the acne that is bothering you--not the starving african children. Don't give excuses and you have to be true to yourself. From an outsiders perspective, we can easily see that it's the acne that's bothering you--just from the kind of language you are using. And as acne sufferers, we of course understand how acne can truly be a pain in the ass, so we can relate. But you can rationalize all you want and say that it's not acne. I know its tough, but it's time to grow up. If anything, really, maybe acne gave you a more realistic perspective. If everything was perfect, we don't need a God. Can suffering exist with a loving God? Yes, because that God is also a Just God--a Just God is like a domineering and strict parent that every teenager hates with a passion.

Take care, I won't keep badgering you like a big mom, but think it over.

You can blame God, Buddha, the Pagan Goddess, Krishna, Allah, or even The Flying Spaghetti Monster for your acne, and it won't make a damn bit of difference.

However, praying to any of those deities won't do much for it either.

No one really knows if any of that crap exists, and none of it really matters, IMO.

Basically, you've got to solve your own problems.

Don't blame possibly fictional supernatural forces for them.

Acne isn't anyone's fault, and people don't have acne because God "hates" them.

You've just got to hang in there and keep trying different treatments until you find something that works.

Have you gotten an allergy test?

Maybe it's a food allergy or something that's causing your acne, and your body is trying to tell you to stop eating wheat or something.

Also, if your doctor is so reluctant to give you Accutane, maybe your acne isn't as bad as YOU think it is. Acne dysmorphia is a bitch and a half.

Lastly, I don't know if this is true for you, but I have found that the more angry and stressed I am about my acne, the worse it gets.

Try and calm down a bit, if possible, and always be gentle to your skin.