Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
fightr

How much of the Regimen should I order?

I have used the 4 oz proactiv cleaser and toner and also the 2 oz BP and they seem to last forever (months). This is the first time I'm ordering the regimen so I'm not sure how much to get.

Also, my skin is oily no matter what. I've never used moisturizer while using Proactiv because my skin would never get dry. What can I do to reduce the oil?

I'd say just order one set. If it's working for you then order another one when its running out.

Also yes get the moisturizer. My face is also crazy oily and I need the moisturizer when using this BP.

Have you tried Neutrogena on the Spot? I use this for my forehead and nose, where I get the oiliest. It contains oil absorbers, and does a pretty fair job at oil control and usually keeps me comfortable most of the day. :)

I've tried the Proactiv Daily Oil Control and OC Eight which I heard works extremely well from multiple sources including webmd.com. Unfortunately, OC Eight seems to wear off in about an hour.

Also, how long would the regimen last if I buy the big set, 16 oz? I don't use very much at all. Proactiv lasts me at least 4 months or more when it says to use for 2 months.

Should I not use the regimen moisturizer on areas where it is very oily?

One of the reasons that most people have more success with the Acne.org regimen than they do with Proactiv is because it is recommended that you use more of the products. If Proactiv has been working for you and you're just trying to save some money, then this won't be the case since you'll use roughly the same amounts of stuff as you did before, but if you want more clearing than you have now, you will go through the BP more quickly. Keep this in mind.

That said, since it sounds like you go pretty easy with the Proactiv products, I'd just get a small kit (8 oz rather than 16 oz). The cleanser can stretch really far, especially if you don't use it to shave and limit yourself to about a half pump twice a day. There's over 3 times the amount of BP in the 8 oz pump bottle as in the Proactiv bottle, so if you're using the same amounts, one of Dan's 8 oz bottles will last you a long time. BP also has a shelf life of a bit under 2 years, too, so I'd worry that a 16 oz. bottle might be reaching the end of its lifespan and become ineffective before you run out if you skimp on it, based on your BP usage.

Well I just bought a small kit. How much moisturizer should I apply and how often (one or twice a day) since my skin never get dry (always oily). If OC Eight doesn't even stop the shining, what's the chance that Neutrogena on the Spot would work?