Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

background: I am going to be a junior in high school next year and have been dealing with acne since 7th grade. I broke out with cystic acne in the middle of 8th grade which somewhat cleared with topical acne products. After several years and a few different dermatologist I am now on accutane.

i am a very lazy person and mainly took accutane so i would no longer have to worry about my face as much as i do. I will begin accutane tomorrow, june 20th and will include pictures of my hopeful progress.

Day 1

well, it's late as hell here (5:28 AM) and i'm still not tired. I'm not sure whether or not the accutane has anything to do with this or it may just be the fact that I woke up at 2:30 today. I don't know...

Toking? No problems at all.

Drinking? Keep it to a minimum. I didn't drink at all on my course just to be extra safe.

I think tags will work for posting images.

Hey just wanted to stop by and say good luck on your course..

i'd be careful drinking because it can really mess with your blood tests and possibly lower your dosage, or take you off of accutane. I really wouldn't advise it just to be safe. But anyways, i'm excited to see your progress ! I have 2 1/2 months to go so i'll be clear by school

Hey just wanted to stop by and say good luck on your course..

i'd be careful drinking because it can really mess with your blood tests and possibly lower your dosage, or take you off of accutane. I really wouldn't advise it just to be safe. But anyways, i'm excited to see your progress ! I have 2 1/2 months to go so i'll be clear by school

thanks, yeah i know. I'd really like to drink occasionally but really want to make sure it won't mess with my progress. I'm thinking maybe if I start drinking 6-12 hours after my latest accutane dosage it might be okay.

Day 2

Took my second pill around noon today. Nothing new so far other than I've just been in a pretty angry mood at times today (mostly because i've been driving a lot and spending a lot of money today.)

Day 3

Took pill with a smoothie around 3. I feel a pimple under my skin on the side of my nose but other than that my face has been clearing a little. My skin is really smooth right now and I have yet to feel many side effects. I've been getting headaches occasionally but other than that i'm good.

i'm going to do a random song everyday for my own personal enjoyment...

today...

Temptations - 2Pac

Day 6

Today has been the worst day of the life. I have recently been arrested for alcohol possession and tobacco possession. I violated my probation so now I have to go to court downtown soon. I may not be able to update much this next month.

As for the accutane, my dandruff is so awful some people told me I had leaves on my head.

Ray L - My Girl Got a Girlfriend

Day 7

I'm definitely starting to feel the accutane side effects now. I've had chapped lips all day and woke up with dry skin around my mouth. I put on some lotion, used head and shoulders and have been using carmax all day. I am starting to break out around my forehead, nose and mouth.

As for my legal problems, I found out today one of my "friends" who was caught with me is blaming the marijuana he swallowed all on me. He is going to tell his lawyer that it was mine and I made him swallow it. He is also going to say my intent was to deal it and that none of us smoked it. The truth is the 4 of us just smoked and he was going to keep it. Oh well, I fucked myself over pretty badly as it is, my advice to use drugs very responsibly or not at all.

Mobb Deep - Survival of the Fittest

hey 2pacaveli! thanks for posting on my log, i appreciate your comment =)

haha sometimes i feel the side effects are worse than the actual IB. but i hope you get through it as well as your personal problems(cause you really got screwed over by your friend judging from your last post...i hate those kinds of "friends")!

Day 8

Still feeling a few zits under my skin by my nose. Woke up with real chapped lips. Other than that, it's been ok.

dj quik - safe & sound

Day 10

Definitely going through the IB. Breaking out a little on neck, back and chest and all around my nose and forehead. I'm dry all around those areas too and my lips are more chapped than they have ever been.

Kurupt - C Walk

Day 12

Same shit except one thing. I play soccer everyday for school in the monring and we do a ton of running and playing. I feel like complete shit and can barely walk right now with every joint in my body feeling sore as fuck. Is this possibly from the accutane?

I am now also going on a diet to see how much that may effect acne. I usually eat fast food 6 times a week at least and fried chicken wings 3 times a week. I eat over five servings of ranch a day which is around 80 grams of animal fat. I'm giving up fast food, ranch and mayonnaise and beginning to eat healthy this month. Hopefully this accutane and diet works out in the long term for me because it sure is a bitch.

Chris Brown - Forever

Day 22

Lips chapped, dry skin. Busy with soccer camp. Finally done with legal problems, for some reason they cut me a huge break since I seemed remorseful. Only got a 100 dollar fine.

I've got like 10 actives, only like 5 real ones. One cyst that's dying down.

I think I'm about to see good progress.

Big L - Street Struck

Day 24

Wow, still same side effects but I only have one active right now which is the cyst that I thought was dying down. Oh well, that's pretty crazy.

Garden Groove - Sublime

Hey I am in the same boat as you acne wise that is, except mine is much more severe i'd go to say.

I too have had acne since 7th grade, however i don't have cystic acne. I too am going into 11th grade (junior in highschool). I used all sorts of crap til' i said to my mom i wanted to go on accutane. Sure enough the first thing my dermatologist suggested the next visit was accutane so i've been taking it since 5 days ago.

I am feeling the chapped lips and have had one back pain from yard work all day, i doubt that was accutane's fault though. I believe i'm in my initial breakout, i just want to get it over with so i can begin healing...

Day ????

2 actives, skin is getting a lot better.

Only one complaint is the chapped lips but it's an obvious side effect.

Now doing 80 mg a day

SWV feat WU TANG - Anything

Hey 2Pacaveli! I'm glad to hear that someone else my age is on this crazy stuff! I'm 16 and going to be a junior in the fall too. I just started tane 5 days ago. It's nice to hear that it's working for you... I just hope it does the same for me. Good luck!