Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mindheaven

What does mean?

Ive been washing my face with this soap called benzoyl peroxide 10% and i makes my face peel is that a sign that my acne is going to start to get better is it a good thing or is that a bad thing that my face is peeling?

Benzoyl Peroxide is a drying agent, which is why it's very effective against acne. Even at lower doses (say 2.5% or even 5%) BP can cause some uncomfertable redness and peeling in the beginning, so what you are experience is perfectly and absolutely normal.

Most washes don't contain more than 5% of it, since BP is VERY strong. A 10% soap would definately cause peeling.

Are you moisturizing after you use the soap? I know it's only a wash (there are BP creams that you can use to spread on let absorb, but even those need moisturizer), and that you probably feel like your skin is oily enough, but without a good moisturizer ESPECIALLY in the beginning when you're skin is getting used to it, it can really throw your skin out of balance.